Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ssvr6

Rear Strut Bar Installed

Fairly easy. Took 30 mins tops.
    It works great!

Steve

nice, i was gonna post the same thing !! HAHA oh well, mine works great as well EASY install, no fittement problems! --greatest 12.00 bucks i spent so far --joe:)

ahh i feel riped now but i payed 24 so what ever i like it

ssvr6
    Now, I just want to upgrade to the RSX-S sway bar and a new tie bar. The car will be tight after that.

I just wish that I could decide on what suspension I want to go with. I really want to get the H&R Cup Kit (replace my springs and shocks in one shot) but if Mike's (Cleanblk) Neuspeed springs ride well, I may take the plunge.

Steve

atl-si
    Nice job. Looks good just like mine. Took about 30 minutes for me too.

by any chance, does it bother you guys that the bar gets in the way of the spare tire cover? it look really snug. if you look at DC's bar for 02SI, the brackets/bar is higher up. i'll probably just wait for more stuff to come out, brand name or generic.

ssvr6
    The spare tire cover is "hinged" under the seats anyway. (Plastic screws hold it down.) So it still allows it to open and pivot. A taller bar would suck when trying to pack the hatch with stuff.

This is a good model for me.

Steve

Just got one for 19.99 shipped !
    Anyone have pics of the plastics cut and put back in place with the bar ?
    Thanks

ssvr6
    You got the $7.99 one? ;)

I don't know if I want to cut mine, in case I have to go back to stock for any reason.

Steve

i'm too lazy to cut mine.:) it would look nice if the panels were cut all nice though.

Originally posted by ssvr6
    You got the $7.99 one? ;)

I don't know if I want to cut mine, in case I have to go back to stock for any reason.

Steve
    same here, I'm not going to cut mine either.

ephatch member
    When you guys installed your rear strut bar did you go on top of the rear tower bolts and put two more of your own bolts or did you take out the tower bolts.. put on the bar.. and put those bolts back on, for those who took out the bolts: how can I do this without my tower just falling off or are there other bolts holding the tower in place other than those two?

ssvr6
    I sat in the hatch, removed all 4 bolts, attached the bar, re-bolted everything back up. Tightened the bar.

Done.

Steve

ephatch member
    Originally posted by ssvr6
    I sat in the hatch, removed all 4 bolts, attached the bar, re-bolted everything back up. Tightened the bar.

Done.

Steve
    So when you take out those 4 bolts there is no tower movement that could mess anything up sorry for being a pain in the ass I just thought that if I took out those 4 bolts i would mess something up so I put the bar on top of those bolts and then installed bolts of my own ...but that just doesn't seem to make a difference thanks alot

Originally posted by smokincivic

So when you take out those 4 bolts there is no tower movement that could mess anything up sorry for being a pain in the ass I just thought that if I took out those 4 bolts i would mess something up so I put the bar on top of those bolts and then installed bolts of my own ...but that just doesn't seem to make a difference thanks alot
    I think he met he took the nuts off the bolts. I don't see how you could take the bolts out. Besides, that would be too much trouble.
    So just take the four nuts off the bolts (leaving the car down, don't jack it up of course :D you have one nasty task on your hands) and put the brackets on with the bar. Then the bar can be rotated outward to tight/stiffen the chassis. That's how I did it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information