Close

test pipe, sim, & cel

okay, I installed a dc shorty and test pipe this weekend (already have I/E) it's pulls hard on the highway now :) I know the caspers sim will correct the cel, but will my 02 sensor still burn up w/a test pipe, or am I doing any damage to my car w/o a cat?

Re: test pipe, sim, & cel

Originally posted by 03silverEP
    okay, I installed a dc shorty and test pipe this weekend (already have I/E) it's pulls hard on the highway now :) I know the caspers sim will correct the cel, but will my 02 sensor still burn up w/a test pipe, or am I doing any damage to my car w/o a cat?
    The Caspers might correct the cel, and nothing lasts forever so expect to be replacing certain parts. No damage to the car, just damage to the environment :( Didn't you do the research before buying and installing?

i got the header and pipe, locally from a guy who was parting out for cheap so i didn't do much research

Re: ...

Originally posted by 03silverEP
    i got the header and pipe, locally from a guy who was parting out for cheap so i didn't do much research
    That's cool, sorry sometimes I don't think of stuff like that. Guess it is why I asked. How much did you pay for the o2 sim?

I ordered it from casper's for $79+$8 s&h, all together it only ran me $300 for the header, pipe, and o2 sim. The car straight pulls on the highway in the higher rpm's, but it kind of smells at stop lights....

Thread Information