Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: touge setup

touge setup

Yo watup jdm freaks, I was just watching touge showdown on BMI and they were talkin about a great street setup. wats a great setup for our ep3. About setup I mean everything you can think of to make a well balanced street version EP3 for the touge.

what the fuck is a touge?

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
    what the fuck is a touge?
    I think it is mountain road racing, similar to drifting. do I win something?:D

Originally posted by oldschoolimport
    I think it is mountain road racing, similar to drifting. do I win something?:D
    ic..so can you touge at mt. rushmore? :p

Vermicious Knid oldschoolimport's Avatar
    Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
    ic..so can you touge at mt. rushmore? :p
    if your si is all-wheel-drive and has suction cups on the tires?

touge is basically the stuff u see on the best motoring videos (the spoon ep3r was in one of those touge runs)...2 cars that basically canyon carve...dont know any good setups all i say is a lot of torque hahaha not really into that stuff and dont know much about...but they are fun to watch! i like going in a straight line...good luck with your setup! falken azenis is probably the best tires for that, im assuming since all the canyon people on this board have those or the yoko es100s

Originally posted by oldschoolimport
    if your si is all-wheel-drive and has suction cups on the tires?
    lucky for me it is!!:D

Originally posted by team ERA 5
    touge is basically the stuff u see on the best motoring videos (the spoon ep3r was in one of those touge runs)...2 cars that basically canyon carve...dont know any good setups all i say is a lot of torque hahaha not really into that stuff and dont know much about...but they are fun to watch! i like going in a straight line...good luck with your setup! falken azenis is probably the best tires for that, im assuming since all the canyon people on this board have those or the yoko es100s
    You don't need a lot of power and torque on the touge...

That's why the more powerful cars (NSX, GT-R, Supra, etc.,) stay on the highway and the lower power cars (Civic, Integra, MR-S, Trueno, etc.,) stay on the touge.

Setup all depends on the road your driving on the most.

I run a dozen canyons around LA but my home track is Little Tujunga. My ideal setup would be:

Mugen 25mm(solid) rear sway
    RSX S 23mm(hollow) front sway or stock 25mm(hollow) fr
    450lbs spring up front
    600lbs springs in the rear
    Falken Azenis(205/50/15) or Toyo RA1's(225/50/15)
    20-30mm offset wheels(might need wheel spacers unless I can get a hold of some old BMW wheels)
    -1 deg camber up front w/ 0 toe, -.5 camber in the rear with 1deg toe in

I'm going to pick up a progress front sway(27mm) for other roads like Piuma, Latigo, etc..

For los flores, a friend of mine runs 600lbs spings fr and rear, 205/50/15 azenis w/ 20mm offset wheels up front, 195/60/14 azenies w/ 30mm offset rear, s/t sways and konis at full stiffness. This is all on a GSR and he's pretty quick out there. :D
    Last edited by Suk02Si; 05-11-2004 at 12:19 PM.

i drive an rx7.
    togue is basically canyon/mountain racing.. you dont have to drift.. lol

umm if i had an ep.. the first thing id do was lighten that damn car.. next thing is.. yea mugen definitly. would need at least a rear rsx bar to compete with understeer, motor wouldnt need much work, just some i/h/e, the #1 thing id do is reduce weight.. remove sunroof.. etc. its pretty similar to autox in the way your car needs to be set up.. only diff is you need to retain suspension travel for grip.

touge simply means mountain pass. It's not a type of driving or anything like that, just a japanese word that is joining american slang...

Those BMI guys close the roads the race on, and they are professional road and drift racers.

Why I dont do togue:

1.) the embankments will make it hard to predict your threshold and oversteering recovery...its scary enough when you lose control on the flat.

2.) unlike a road course, when you go off the togue track, its much easier to total your car or die. Road courses have lots of flat space, soft walls, and emergency crews.

3.) oncoming drivers... you gotta respect other people's property, lives, and their babies too.

Whatever you do, dont be naive about how serious the consequences are, or how well you can drive.

i drive an rx7.
    theres been alot of articles in the paper recently about crazy drifters coming around corners sideways, driving motorists off the road. togue is a dangerous thing. i believe gary has a pretty good operation going, but cops are cracking down on any import or compact car doing mountain driving. They know how many tow trucks go out there to fish someones 240sx out of a ditch.
    If you do get into togue, id suggest having a 2 way radio or something and a spotter to watch for oncoming traffic on your course. that would be the safest way to go about it. any canyon driver can tell you the importance of not pushing your cars limits.

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    yea...if you touge, i'd suggest not coming anywhere near the limits of your tires. i've done a 4-wheel drift around a hairpin in a front-wheel drive car, and it is not fun. My friend totalled his integra on that same corner 2 minutes before I made that corner.

read back on all the EP's that have been totalled, it seems the vast majority of them died in hilly twisties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information