Close

View Poll Results: Have you blown your N/A k20a3 engine?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (I have Hondata)

9 7.20%
  • Yes (I DO NOT have Hondata)

5 4.00%
  • No (I have Hondata)

21 16.80%
  • No (I DO NOT have Hondata)

90 72.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRIOT
    Miss shifted it once, but shes still running really strong. :shadesm:
    Is that the Apexi rev meter? If so, how do you like it? Worth purchasing? Thanks :D

OG EP3'r
    mine ate itself lastnight at 54k....all the valves are bent and i think i broke the ringlands too..........lol ......yes it has a Hondata,but its my fault it blew up.....

dam i dont think i want hondata anymore
    i think theres quitea few eps that blew their motors dur to hondata
    someone once posted that they added an air/fuel gauge and it was run the engine lean. i then ill stick with apexi vafc2 at least i have the ability to add or subtract fuel at my will. and if i go boost or sc its either greddy emanage or aem

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Az02Si
    mine ate itself lastnight at 54k....all the valves are bent and i think i broke the ringlands too..........lol ......yes it has a Hondata,but its my fault it blew up.....
    Damn.

OG EP3'r
    Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
    dam i dont think i want hondata anymore
    i think theres quitea few eps that blew their motors dur to hondata
    someone once posted that they added an air/fuel gauge and it was run the engine lean. i then ill stick with apexi vafc2 at least i have the ability to add or subtract fuel at my will. and if i go boost or sc its either greddy emanage or aem
    My car with i/e/hondata was horribly lean.I should have fixed it but the bottom end had held up like a champ.And on the dyno the curve past 6500 looked like TOTAL SHIT.very rough and jagged.... FYI i have a beta unit,so more or less a prototype Hondata,so im not sure if there are any differences between mine and the units being flashed now.

cool post pics man lets see this prototype

OG EP3'r
    Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
    cool post pics man lets see this prototype
    looks the same,just like any other EP ECU..i just had it 2 months before its release,and before the final programs had been set.I know it has more timing than the current flash,and i got the ultra sweet valve bending 7950 fuel cut too......proved that on the dyno a few times,lol.....But yea,same box,slightly different guts im assuming.....

I dont think we can deduce that Hondata causes blown engines. There are a few cases on this board and some of it might be from driver error. Hondata doesnt make the driver invincible.

No problems on mine 16k miles on the EP and I got Hondata with 1k miles on the car.

wooo thats crazy

OG EP3'r
    Quote Originally Posted by NuG
    I dont think we can deduce that Hondata causes blown engines. There are a few cases on this board and some of it might be from driver error. Hondata doesnt make the driver invincible.

No problems on mine 16k miles on the EP and I got Hondata with 1k miles on the car.
    exactly,couldnt say it better myself,i did NOT have to shift it past 7500 everyday,but i did......Even though i didnt miss a gear when it happened,its still MY FAULT the motor let loose...It was well maintained,but it had the fucking breaks beat off it,lol....so im not toooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked that it happened

OG EP3'r
    hey i got 40k outta mine,woooooooooooo-hoooooooooooo :D

Let's be a little happier, at least there are less blown engines here than RSX Type-S's. I am having a hard time getting used to my new Type-S, you get lost in the gearbox.

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar
    i have hondata, (soon to have turbo and hondata, i hope that holds up) but i have like 3000 miles on it, and still runnin like a champ. i have misshifted a few times before hondata, and am still nervous that i fucked somethin up when i did that, but my car runs perfectly ok, so i guess i got lucky...

:tongue: :tongue:

joHn

OG EP3'r
    All i can say is BE CAREFULL and DO NOT blame the Hondata if you have any issues.........Its not the Hondata blowing these cars up,its US

I think its a combination. Look at the numbers guys. NO one blew up there eninge without, NO ONE.

Id say its partially responsible in that it lets us run lean and lets us rev it high ... two no-no's.....

Tai

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information