Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

how to get a CTR ...?? Please??

i dont know if this is a stupid request or not, but i'd really appreciate it if u guys could help me out here.

im wondering how i would be able to get a real CTR. the AUTHENTIC one.. meaning i want to know each process and each step to take to get the CTR to america. i live in southern california in the city of northridge. and i dunno where to get a real ctr either japan or canada or england? i dunno. if u'd guys could just hlep me out here or just tell me straight out if its impossible. casue i saw a real CTR at a meet last night that was right handed driver's side. soo i was wondering waht else anyoen knows about how to get a real ctr too. and how much.

if u guys could hlep me on this that'll be really aweosme. k thanks

there are places that can import them for you..BUT it cost a shit load of money..and since you live in cali arent your smog laws pretty strict? if you get a JDM CTR which is prolly what you would want it wont be smog legal and it will cost you to have it fixed...there is alot that goes into importing a car that i dont know about registering is one...if you have the TIME and the MONEY to do it knock your self out if you dont...then you might wanna think about buying something else..

b/c honestly if it was simple and cheap to have a CTR imported here none of us would be driving Sis and SiRs

J-Bodies Look Like Balls twenty02si's Avatar
    well to get you the best straight out answer i would talk to the guys at jdm honda parts (www.jhpusa.com) cause they are the know all end all of jdm honda shit. they have in their possesion a dc5-R that they say was a mistake. something about customs let it slip through. so mot likely the JDM EP3 you saw was an illeagle. but thats my opinion. so your chances are slim to none. but even if you got one into the usa, youd spend so damn much on gas cause they are set up to run off of a certain octane of fuel depending where you got it from (i.e. UK,japan, or australia) i think uk its like 96, australia is like 98, and japan is 100 or 101. those numbers probably arent accurate but you get my drift. you will need to spend seeing how you are in cali like 2.00 a galon plus an octane booster to make it equevlant to that of the market it was meant for. so your best bet is to go with an SI make the outside a type-r and throw in a type-s motor and tranny cause you'd be makin the same power as a type-r. so in conclusion you probably wont be able to get one stateside. sorry man. i know it sucks. and by the way if anyone has a more accurate reason help the man out cause i know im probably wrong. im out~

J-Bodies Look Like Balls twenty02si's Avatar
    by the way whats the difference between the si and siR

Originally posted by twenty02si
    by the way whats the difference between the si and siR
    heated side mirrors..and i think thats it...im not sure if it has heated windshiled nozzels

they also got milano red in 02 and 03 not sure if they still get it..

Re: how to get a CTR ...?? Please??

Originally posted by KnightRider
    and i dunno where to get a real ctr either japan or canada or england? i dunno.
    hahah, no CTR's up here man.

http://www.j-garage.com/sale/usedcars/stock/109458.html

Excited??? Now read this (from www.j-garage.com):

"If you are in the US :
    This is information about importing the JDM car into the US.

As you may know, all the Japanese specifications vehicles (JDM car) are Right Hand Drive. Unfortunately, it is difficult to import JDM cars into the US at present except the 25 years or older model. It is because you have to obtain the approval from the DOT and the EPA in order to import the JDM car and it needs to legalize a car when it will reach to the US port.

Let me advise you that unless you wish to present crash test data for any Right Hand Drive car, it cannot legally be imported to the US. This is prohibitively expensive as a vehicle must be crashed to obtain the data, and we do not support the crash test data. Also the JDM car probably do not meet the US emission standard. And after 1996 models probably need to install the OBD2 system in order to pass the emission standard.

For your information, here is a link of the US importing information.
    EPA : http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/quikover.htm
    DOT : http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/
    US customs : http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/import/

NOTE : We J's Garage Export do not support any import procedure. The buyer is responsible for any necessary procedures, or any transfers, or any modifications for them to import the car."

Last edited by graham; 05-11-2004 at 09:07 AM.

SiRs in canada get stock heated side mirrors, fog lights and daytime running lights

Sorry to keep destroying your dream... but...

It is illegal to drive a right-hand drive car in america, it will cost you ATLEAST $7000 to have it converted, and upwards of 15K just to make it legal to drive. not to mention the thousands it will take to buy one and have it shipped here.

Overall, your much better off keeping the EP, spending that 20K on an A2, 6spd with LSD, SiR Wheels & Kit. And still have over 10 K to play with in performance/JDM appearance mods.

Or if you really want to spend upwards of 50-60K into getting a car imported stateside, all i have to say is: R34!

-Aj-

Originally posted by Si3
    Sorry to keep destroying your dream... but...

It is illegal to drive a right-hand drive car in america, it will cost you ATLEAST $7000 to have it converted, and upwards of 15K just to make it legal to drive. not to mention the thousands it will take to buy one and have it shipped here.

Overall, your much better off keeping the EP, spending that 20K on an A2, 6spd with LSD, SiR Wheels & Kit. And still have over 10 K to play with in performance/JDM appearance mods.

Or if you really want to spend upwards of 50-60K into getting a car imported stateside, all i have to say is: R34!

-Aj-
    it would have to be a shitty R34 for 50-60K....the R34s ive seen go for 90-100k+.. its not illegal to drive a RHD car in america ive seen a couple of cars (R32,R33,R34, JDM DC2R and some more) the skylines ive seen in chicago/burbs

k20a2 done deal!

Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
    its not illegal to drive a RHD car in america ive seen a couple of cars (R32,R33,R34, JDM DC2R and some more) the skylines ive seen in chicago/burbs

I've seen people smoking crack, does that make it legal?

Yes it is illegal to drive a RHD car in america. Show me any document that says other wise.

-Aj-

ephatch member
    The RHD law is different for every state. I know for a fact that Arizona has no law against it. You would have to find out what the local laws are for you.

Originally posted by Si3
    I've seen people smoking crack, does that make it legal?

Yes it is illegal to drive a RHD car in america. Show me any document that says other wise.

-Aj-

show me a document that says it is illegal

and if it was illegal us customs would not allow importation of RHD vehicles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information