Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by Si3
    I've seen people smoking crack, does that make it legal?
    :D :D :D

J-Bodies Look Like Balls twenty02si's Avatar
    a remark for the gt-r comments the only reason there are gt-r's here is because motorx has struck a deal with the government allowing them over here only after extensive modification. just to give you an idea

98 GT-R ---(Japan)$28,000
    ---(us after modifications)$98-120,000

so unless a company starts up doind the same that motorx did except w/ hondas im sorry looks like u should look for some realestate in hiroshima, or tokyo brothers

Originally posted by twenty02si
    they have in their possesion a dc5-R that they say was a mistake.
    That car was sold along time ago, just so you know. Its one of the hottest car Ive driven:)
    Last edited by ep_nezay; 05-11-2004 at 09:34 PM.

If you REALLY want one, go to these guys: www.evolutionimports.com I was going to get a LHD CTR for around 27-28k... but at the low prices of used 02's I could do the swap for a lot less.

You can imort a RHD car... it is just alot tougher

B

Originally posted by civic type b
    If you REALLY want one, go to these guys: www.evolutionimports.com I was going to get a LHD CTR for around 27-28k... but at the low prices of used 02's I could do the swap for a lot less.

You can imort a RHD car... it is just alot tougher

B
    How much did you look into this? In a few years, once my EP is paid off and depending on my financial situation I would love to import a DC5R for about $30k. Any info you have on this would be appreciated.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by graham
    It sounds like if you want a car that's not on that list (and the CTR is not on that list), you need to convince the gov't that it is sufficiently similar to a US car (which the CTR is not), or buy one or several of them for the gov't to crash test ... but that's just me doing a quick read of the site ... I don't really care to look any further ... for those of you who think they can shell out the 2 - 3 million Yen for CTR, then please read more and let us all know more :)
    What makes the CTR not similar to our Si's besides the different engine/tranny?

Either way, RHD CTR's have been imported to the U.S. A guy that lives a mile from my house has an EK CTR, it's very nice, he drives it all the time. In fact, he was at PIR (Phoenix International Raceway) driving it not too long ago.

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    How much did you look into this? In a few years, once my EP is paid off and depending on my financial situation I would love to import a DC5R for about $30k. Any info you have on this would be appreciated.
    Quite a bit actually... I talked to Adam at Evo imports and he filled in what I didnot know about importing cars. A good place to start is US Customs webpage. There is a link to a pdf that tells you what they need from DOT and EPA to allow the car into the counrty. But no make a long story short: Evo imports cars and modifies them to be equivilent to US cars. The DOT requires things and so does the EPA, and basically they do what is needed.

B

come to germany .. ctrs here (don't go to the uk unless you want the wrong hand drive ...)

kristin

Quite a bit actually... I talked to Adam at Evo imports and he filled in what I didnot know about importing cars. A good place to start is US Customs webpage. There is a link to a pdf that tells you what they need from DOT and EPA to allow the car into the counrty. But no make a long story short: Evo imports cars and modifies them to be equivilent to US cars. The DOT requires things and so does the EPA, and basically they do what is needed.

B
    So basically Evo imports is selling you a US ready car that just needs to be registered? Or are there special hoops the government will still make you jump through?

Originally posted by chartinael
    come to germany .. ctrs here (don't go to the uk unless you want the wrong hand drive ...)

kristin
    Or maybe you could ship me one along with the carpet? :angel:

How bout it? ;)

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
    So basically Evo imports is selling you a US ready car that just needs to be registered? Or are there special hoops the government will still make you jump through?
    Ready to go with a Florida title.

B

will see what I can do for you within your budget ;-) Damn, that carpet has still not arrived .... :-( but then again, maybe it has ... there was a package delivered today but I need to go to post office tomorrow to pick it up ... could be some of my ebay purchases though ....

Ready to go with a Florida title.

B

Wow talk about exclusivity, definately gonna check them out. Thanks for all your help.:)

Kristin, just keep me posted.

Motorex can import skylines because not only do they make them legal emission wise they invested $300,000 to have 3 GTR's crash tested by the U.S. government.

right after i bought my si

passwordjdm.com

had a rear ended jdm ctr they offered taht i could buy from 10,000

i was MUCHO upset

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information