Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by twenty02si
    well to get you the best straight out answer i would talk to the guys at jdm honda parts (www.jhpusa.com) cause they are the know all end all of jdm honda shit. they have in their possesion a dc5-R that they say was a mistake. something about customs let it slip through. so mot likely the JDM EP3 you saw was an illeagle. but thats my opinion. so your chances are slim to none. but even if you got one into the usa, youd spend so damn much on gas cause they are set up to run off of a certain octane of fuel depending where you got it from (i.e. UK,japan, or australia) i think uk its like 96, australia is like 98, and japan is 100 or 101. those numbers probably arent accurate but you get my drift. you will need to spend seeing how you are in cali like 2.00 a galon plus an octane booster to make it equevlant to that of the market it was meant for. so your best bet is to go with an SI make the outside a type-r and throw in a type-s motor and tranny cause you'd be makin the same power as a type-r. so in conclusion you probably wont be able to get one stateside. sorry man. i know it sucks. and by the way if anyone has a more accurate reason help the man out cause i know im probably wrong. im out~
    Petrol (gas) in the UK is 95 RON. Honda recommends 98 RON for the UK CTR, but 95 is OK.

JDM CTRs run on 100 RON, which is not availablle in the UK.

What RON is your petrol in the USA?

$2 a gallon. Jesus, we pay

Re: how to get a CTR ...?? Please??

Originally posted by KnightRider
    . casue i saw a real CTR at a meet last night that was right handed driver's side.
    who has this type R? what color is it

hey check out this site:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/newcars/...urce=modelHome

and click on export at the bottom...its about tax exemption for export sales but they provide contact info...you might want to contact them for info.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Harbourmaster
    [B]Petrol (gas) in the UK is 95 RON. Honda recommends 98 RON for the UK CTR, but 95 is OK.

JDM CTRs run on 100 RON, which is not availablle in the UK.

What RON is your petrol in the USA?

$2 a gallon. Jesus, we pay

HEY...TRY THIS WEBSITE...http://www.evolutionimports.com/
    I THINK THEY MIGHT BE GET ONE FOR U.....
    ANYWAYS....DUNNO IF THIS INFO WILL HELP U OR NOT....BUT KEEP THE DREAM U WISH...IT MIGHT BE COME TRUE IN ONE DAY...

$29k for a converted/legalized ITR...that's what, about 4-5k on top of an RSX-S? Hmmm....worth it?

ok, i just did some research on the honda of australia page, and down there, an ITR goes for $42,990AU, which, according to xe.com is worth $29,736.18 today. i'm not entirely sure how much it costs in Japan since the Japanese site is in Japanese, but if my assumptions about a few of the numbers I found are correct, it should be about $22,694.19. So it seems that shipping, tax, conversion, and legalization through Evolution imports is approximately $6305.81. I would think converting an RSX-S to an ITR would cost significantly more than that, so I guess it's a pretty good deal after all. But, then again, is it worth the extra $5k to have 25 extra horses and cooler bodywork/interior/emblems/whatnot?

i dont know they dont sound right to me... i mean... Motorex sells R34 and R33 for like 70 to 100g but how can they sell it for so cheaper price...

i would get one if it is that price instead of a new usdm car...
    but skylines only cost about 9000 usd and thats buying an R34 00-01 model cuz my cuzin got one cuz he lives in new zealand... so even 24 -30g is alot for what its really worth and priced for.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Type-R-Steve
    In the UK you can also get Super Unleaded which is 97 RON, and Honda recommend you use Super Unleaded in the manual.
    The manual states anything over 95 RON, we get no gain with anything more tha 95RON fuel

Toronto Canada we live in Igloos and have Polar bears for pets
    One way you can import it, is if you a have a competetion licence and you are strictly using the car for competetion use only. For example if you Rally Race the car it will have licence plates so you can drive it on the street but only to and from competetion therefore you can have all illegal stuff on it and you can not get fined. then if you get pulled over and you are not going to a competetion you just say you are going to practice or a shop for servicing.
    This option is still quite expensive and you actually have to race the car :angel:

Lo Hasnic (G here)

Hey do ya think we can bust into the Swindon factory and change a few destination orders on some CTR's for these guys?

BTW what the hells happened to our forum m8??!!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by G..
    Lo Hasnic (G here)

Hey do ya think we can bust into the Swindon factory and change a few destination orders on some CTR's for these guys?

BTW what the hells happened to our forum m8??!!
    Will have to look into the ways of getting the CTR over to the States, looks like it could be a little money maker G :D

Time to start making friends with a few people at the factory me thinks :D :D

Dunno what going on with our Forum, i thought it had been blocked at work as i spent all day on yesterday but to my relief (in a weird kinda way) its down, but it's happening to often for my liking

Looks like the Club Banner is almost sorted for JAE :D

Hmmm exporting CTRs to the USA, could be a good idea, I used to know someone with a sea freight company. Perhaps a call is in order. We'd have to send German ones over I guess :)

N1 on banner looking forward to JAE, I will have the JRSC on for then as well ;)

if you want to be 'shady' go thru a canadian port, it'll be easier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information