Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recaro seats?

ephatch member

recaro seats?

i really really like the type r recaros. i saw some how should i say...fake ones on www.airdynamicracing.com and they were only 319 for them and 4 point harnesses and the mounting brackets. they dont have any logos on the top of the seat and i was wondering if there was a way that u could get recaro embroidered onto the seats type r style. just dont feel like spending 1000+$ on seats that feel the same as the ones i have.

ephatch member
    anyone any info?

I'm sure that you could take the seats to an epolstery(sp) shop and have them do it. My only question is why? Why are you so concerned about a name? If you want the real ones get the real ones, if you want the fake ones get them but there really is no point in trying to sell the fact that they are real to others. Just my 0.02

true, you don't want to be a poser. get the fake and just leave them B! Just laugh at other people foor spending so much $$$.

if you dont wanna dish out for the ctr/itr recaros why not get the srd or the speed recaros, they the excact same ones as the ctr/itr but arent suede, and the logo is bigger and above the harness holders. most people sell the type r's pair for 1800(yah i know thats high but the average) you could get the srd/speeds for 1100 a pair and 200 more for brackets and sliders, thats 1300. and that leaves you with 500 bucks to spend on something else. =O) thats my .02

Not that fast......yet! 2fastcivic's Avatar
    so the recaro srd are not suede like the type r ones?? i didnt know that. so what is it made of??

not sure, but im for sure there not suede like the jdm type r ones

ephatch member
    Originally posted by scrunkness
    true, you don't want to be a poser. get the fake and just leave them B! Just laugh at other people foor spending so much $$$.
    i like that idea...i really dont have the money to spend...im saving for a jacksonracing supercharger...and thats 2 grand that i dont have right now...i was just really goin for the look...if i could find some recaros cheaper id get em...but...i cant...im still workin on findin a good price on a new intake. ive heard that the type r's are also the exact same as ours but diff. color, material...and the top has a diff hole in it...is that true? i looked at some pics to tell the diff...and i saw the similarity.

JDM typeR has recaro seats check out mugen ep he has the ctr recaros, typeX has the dc5R recaros

The other typeRs which are available in other countries have our seats with a Type R embroiderd on them

I live in Italy and the type R seat are sweet as hell but they cost an arm and a leg I would go with the cheaper seats and spend the major money on the engine. That way the interior still looks good like you spent a lot but when you smoke someone on the track does it really mater what the inside looks like. :D

ephatch member
    true true...i think im just gonna get some later on after some motor mods...lookin for aem cold air and JRSC next...but the JRSC's gonna take some time to get the money

I have an injen cold air intake and I love it. You can look at m web page to see how it looks.
    Last edited by scrunkness; 05-13-2004 at 01:51 PM.

people that spend $1000+ on racing seats simply mystifies me. (even more so when our EP's come with sweet seats!)

But to each his own.

-aj-

Because the aftermarket seats, such as Sparco and Recaro, hold you in place much tighter. Sit in one and you'll realize the difference.

ephatch member
    our seats are the exact same except for the headrest and color...take a look...i dunno...319$ for 2 type r look alikes sound fine to me...but still..not on my priority list now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information