Close

Pulley making noise (JRSC)

It's now 1 month and 800 miles after installing my JRSC and today I heard a clicking sound coming from the engine. I popped the hood and tried to stick my head in, it is coming from one of the pulleys, hard to say which one but most likely from the SC pulley. It is louder during the first couple minutes when I start the engine, than it gets quieter but never goes away:
    click click..........click click..........click click..........click click..........
    click click..........click click..........click click..........click click..........

I checked the belt it looks normal and tight. SC and everything else works fine. Can it be a sign before breaking down? Any ideas?

SF-SI-02
    Are you sure this is not coming from beneath the valve cover? Mine is always clicking and I am rather scraed because I have read on here about the 4 clicks of death, i.e. 4 clicks then 1 minute pause 4 clicks... valve falls into cylinder... are you sure its a pulley?

ephatch member
    no idea.. i have had mine for a month and 1500 miles and no problems

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    no idea either. and i dont have a jrsc nor have i ever seen one.:D

im not much help.

When my charger blew last JAN i had a really loud clicking noise that i can hear from inside the car. I would call jacksonracing and ask for keith he's the tech there and only one.

Originally posted by SF-SI-02
    Are you sure this is not coming from beneath the valve cover? Mine is always clicking and I am rather scraed because I have read on here about the 4 clicks of death, i.e. 4 clicks then 1 minute pause 4 clicks... valve falls into cylinder... are you sure its a pulley?
    I first heard it when I was removing my SRI filter for cleaning, it is definitely coming from the left side of the engine where all the pulleys are. can't hear it inside the car, I guess it is going to be a wait and see thing.

Originally posted by ALCT
    I first heard it when I was removing my SRI filter for cleaning, it is definitely coming from the left side of the engine where all the pulleys are. can't hear it inside the car, I guess it is going to be a wait and see thing.
    Take a long screwdriver and put the plastic end in your ear and press the metal end to various parts of the engine where you think the noise is coming from. You'll look like a dork while doing it, but you can find where noises are coming from this way, or at least get closer.

Originally posted by bobdobbs
    Take a long screwdriver and put the plastic end in your ear and press the metal end to various parts of the engine where you think the noise is coming from. You'll look like a dork while doing it, but you can find where noises are coming from this way, or at least get closer.

:D I wish I had one stethoscope ( I dont know if thats the right word?) the thing doctors use to listen to heart beats? but definitely your idea sounds good, I'll try it.
    thx

Oh, by the way, be very careful where you place the end of the screwdriver. You don't want to have the accessory belt catch it. You could do some serious damage to your car, or you!

Originally posted by ALCT
    damn, and jr assured you had a good jrsc even though the made on date was kinda old :(

I don't have that sound at all and it's been a month also for me

you might need your valves adjusted..
    take it to the dealer and see what they say.. talk to a tech in back not the ppl who take your keys.

Originally posted by mhx
    you might need your valves adjusted..
    take it to the dealer and see what they say.. talk to a tech in back not the ppl who take your keys.
    yeah, I plan to get my valves adjusted at 50k miles. The manual says it doesn't need to be done till 110,000 miles I believe, but with my driving habits :D well, that says it all

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    yeah, I plan to get my valves adjusted at 50k miles. The manual says it doesn't need to be done till 110,000 miles I believe, but with my driving habits :D well, that says it all

when your car is cold and at idle you can hear them if there bad. thats the sign u need to get them adjusted..

if you make the meet i can look for you

Originally posted by mhx
    when your car is cold and at idle you can hear them if there bad. thats the sign u need to get them adjusted..

if you make the meet i can look for you
    nah, I don't hear it at all when it's a cold idle.

I hope to make it, but I doubt it will happen since my mom will be visiting...unless shes wants my wife and I do go out and do something.
    who knows

Thread Information