Close

Dude

Sound System - Have I picked any bad components?

I was going to replace everything but the front speakers in the 02 si.

Kenwood KAC-7295 300W amp
    JVC KD-SX980 MP3/CD receiver
    1 set of Kicker K6.2 speakers OR JBL GTO605c

The speakers would replace the existing rear set. Will the tweeters that come with the speaker set be able to replace the existing tweeters?

Please LMK if I picked something that is total crap, etc. Keep in mind the budget and am trying to keep it to $600. Thanks.

To be honest, I'd replace the fronts before I did the rears. The ones in the rear are only for rear fill, and won't be as noticeable as the fronts.

I'm actually in the process of narrowing down my choices, which doesn't make much sense right now, since I haven't even sold my Solobarics yet. My plan is to replace the front mids/tweets, and then decide what to do in the back.

Dude
    I've got a box w/ 10" subs in my current truck. Maybe I should put those in the back and disconnect othe rear ones completely until I get the money to replace them; (following your advice to replace the fronts becuase they're more audible)

Originally posted by jaydub
    To be honest, I'd replace the fronts before I did the rears. The ones in the rear are only for rear fill, and won't be as noticeable as the fronts.

I'm actually in the process of narrowing down my choices, which doesn't make much sense right now, since I haven't even sold my Solobarics yet. My plan is to replace the front mids/tweets, and then decide what to do in the back.
    how much are you selling your solobarics for? what size?

2 12" Solobaric series C's, round not square. 8ohm, uhm.... in a box and everything. The box fits in the hatch, it just doesn' t leave room to haul anything, and I need room. They're about 3 years old.

$250.

Dude
    redx

might be your side, because it's showing up here, and Im on a different machine than the one I posted on. :D

Dude
    What do you think of THIS (link) Lightning amp? It is 75w x 4 compared to the kenwood 50w x 4.

Thread Information