Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JR Supercharger

JR Supercharger

Ive been giving serious thought to avoiding spending a couple of thousand dollars on the average bolt ons and just spending the money on getting a Jackson Racing Supercharger... My question for those who have the Jr is how reliable is it and how well does it performs. also are honda dealers a pain in the ass when it comes to you having the supercharger in your car... And finally how fast is the si with i/h/e and the jr supercharger? Thanks for the help.

Re: JR Supercharger

Originally posted by stb190
    Ive been giving serious thought to avoiding spending a couple of thousand dollars on the average bolt ons and just spending the money on getting a Jackson Racing Supercharger... My question for those who have the Jr is how reliable is it and how well does it performs. also are honda dealers a pain in the ass when it comes to you having the supercharger in your car... And finally how fast is the si with i/h/e and the jr supercharger? Thanks for the help.
    it's relatively new, so reliability can't be determined just yet. reviews so far have been positive, i haven't seen any time slips yet. try a search, there are a couple of reviews.

hopefully I'll have a time slip up soon, maybe tomorrow night, if I can hit the track. I love it, feels reliable to me :D, but like mentioned, too soon to say that. Click on my link to pics of my car, after the pics are three short vids, there are more in the boost forum, that's all I have for now. But it does feel very fast

ephatch member
    Anybody knows if they will release Race Version for our Ep's???
    Last edited by EP3.. 2.. 1 GO; 05-13-2004 at 08:21 PM.

the street version is the one that was released. are you referring to the race version?

ephatch member
    Originally posted by Tenacious G
    the street version is the one that was released. are you referring to the race version?
    Thanks for correcting me:)
    Yes, I'm talking about Race Version!!!

on there site it says that there is a race one in the works

Originally posted by SubliminalSi
    on there site it says that there is a race one in the works
    is taht me in your avatar? :D

I think thats you in mine, fart knocker

turd burgler....:D

Rectum? Nearly Killed'm DarkHatch's Avatar
    lmao you guys are dorks:D :D

Race version

I talked to Jackson racing tonight about the posibility of putting the si JRSC on an ep3 with a K20A2 swap. see thread:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...threadid=36625

According to Chris at JR, yes, race version is being released soon but no date yet. He said it will definately be coming out and will be available with the K-pro reflash (when it comes out)

I think the only reliability issue with a SC would be from higher boost levels on the stock internals. I would think that you could do some harm over time. That's why I am interested in a K20A2 with a Civic Si race version JRSC. Motor for power, forged pistons... and supercharger for reliable steady boost. However, I guess I am out of luck with that wet dream (see thread above)

Re: Race version

Originally posted by jimmyjames
    I talked to Jackson racing tonight about the posibility of putting the si JRSC on an ep3 with a K20A2 swap. see thread:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...threadid=36625

According to Chris at JR, yes, race version is being released soon but no date yet. He said it will definately be coming out and will be available with the K-pro reflash (when it comes out)

I think the only reliability issue with a SC would be from higher boost levels on the stock internals. I would think that you could do some harm over time. That's why I am interested in a K20A2 with a Civic Si race version JRSC. Motor for power, forged pistons... and supercharger for reliable steady boost. However, I guess I am out of luck with that wet dream (see thread above)
    interesting...what would you consider high boost? because it seems more risky to boost a high compression motor, than one that is lower...if it's that high, may aswell get a turbo...jrsc makes a lot of heat...no option for IC

Well I am not sure, when I think about it now, I overlooked compression ratio. I am an idiot so don't listen to me. I am referring to higher psi levels and there effect on an engine. Yes, now that I think about it, running 8 psi on a lower compression a3 would probably be safe. Then again, the rsx race version is still 5 psi with just larger injectors right?
    Anyway, going back to the topic, a JRSC seems to be pretty reliable. You either want a supercharger or you don't. I want one, so I am going that route. If you are really spending over 2 grand on a supercharger, you may as well put in 800 - 1000 dollars on I/H/E so everything flows better. Honda is not SUPPOSED to void any warranty because of a supercharger (according to JR) but if something is wrong, the honda dealer will want to place blame on something other than their car . sees supercharger under hood . "That's your problem right there", warranty bye bye. They do have to prove this remember but it would probably be a pain in the ass to get work done unless you know someone.

Originally posted by jimmyjames
    Well I am not sure, when I think about it now, I overlooked compression ratio. I am an idiot so don't listen to me. I am referring to higher psi levels and there effect on an engine. Yes, now that I think about it, running 8 psi on a lower compression a3 would probably be safe. Then again, the rsx race version is still 5 psi with just larger injectors right?
    Anyway, going back to the topic, a JRSC seems to be pretty reliable. You either want a supercharger or you don't. I want one, so I am going that route. If you are really spending over 2 grand on a supercharger, you may as well put in 800 - 1000 dollars on I/H/E so everything flows better. Honda is not SUPPOSED to void any warranty because of a supercharger (according to JR) but if something is wrong, the honda dealer will want to place blame on something other than their car . sees supercharger under hood . "That's your problem right there", warranty bye bye. They do have to prove this remember but it would probably be a pain in the ass to get work done unless you know someone.
    no, both street kits for the type s and si have 5lbs of boost on stock injectors. The race kit for both will have bigger injectors.

Check out my dissappointing times in the Boost forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information