Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JR Supercharger

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    no, both street kits for the type s and si have 5lbs of boost on stock injectors. The race kit for both will have bigger injectors.

Check out my dissappointing times in the Boost forum
    I was talking about using a smaller pulley for higher boost. Either getting one like the 4" you did or getting a boost upgrade later from JR.

Since I am wasting time here and I am just running off at the mouth, I will continue to let 02SilverSiHB be the expert on the JRSC since he has had one for a while and I still don't have one. Nuff said.

moved to boost

:)

Originally posted by Tenacious G
    the street version is the one that was released. are you referring to the race version?
    The race version for the EP is being developed as we speak with 11lbs boost. JR said they should have a tune ready with Hondata in the next couple of weeks.

The 4" pulley is the standard for the SC and the 3.4" is the boost upgrade, however the use of the 3.4" pulley will void your warrantee with JR which is 2yrs and 100k. hth

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    The race version for the EP is being developed as we speak with 11lbs boost. JR said they should have a tune ready with Hondata in the next couple of weeks.

The 4" pulley is the standard for the SC and the 3.4" is the boost upgrade, however the use of the 3.4" pulley will void your warrantee with JR which is 2yrs and 100k. hth
    WHAT!!!!! 11lbs of boost! The base rsx tune is only seeing 8.3lbs of boost from hondatas tune. Where did you get this info!? sounds awsome...and so you know, the 4" pulley is not standard...because I have the jrsc along with a few others that can confirm...it comes with a 4.4" pulley. the 4" pulley that I bought from someone with a type s JRSC will boost the si to about 8lbs of boost. The type s people buy the 3.4" pulley for 7lbs of boost

And as for JR voiding the warranty for the 3.4...why the heck are they selling it to the Type S people?

ephatch member
    im only seeing 7lbs in 1st and 7.5lbs in 2-5th with my 4" pulley.. until kpro comes out and have a dyno for a couple hours i wont even try a 3.4" pulley .. thats just crazy

Originally posted by spider883
    im only seeing 7lbs in 1st and 7.5lbs in 2-5th with my 4" pulley.. until kpro comes out and have a dyno for a couple hours i wont even try a 3.4" pulley .. thats just crazy
    yeah, I'm sure it's more like 7lbs, it comes close to 8lbs on mine, I should have clarified that. and I agree, 3.4 is nuts without kpro

WHAT!!!!! 11lbs of boost! The base rsx tune is only seeing 8.3lbs of boost from hondatas tune. Where did you get this info!? sounds awsome...and so you know, the 4" pulley is not standard...because I have the jrsc along with a few others that can confirm...it comes with a 4.4" pulley. the 4" pulley that I bought from someone with a type s JRSC will boost the si to about 8lbs of boost. The type s people buy the 3.4" pulley for 7lbs of boost

And as for JR voiding the warranty for the 3.4...why the heck are they selling it to the Type S people?
    yep, you heard it. They are testing to 11lbs on the Si. Your right about the 4.4" for the Si as a standard pulley. The kit I got has a 4" standard pulley. The 3.4" I got with it as well was thrown in. I guess that only applies to the type-s and was part of the consideration for my setup. Phone JR and ask them yourself, you void the warranty when you go to the 3.4" pulley for the type-S. They sell it with that disclaimer. Most won't mention it but the charger is not rated to run for long at those speeds.

yep, you heard it. They are testing to 11lbs on the Si. Your right about the 4.4" for the Si as a standard pulley. The kit I got has a 4" standard pulley. The 3.4" I got with it as well was thrown in. I guess that only applies to the type-s and was part of the consideration for my setup. Phone JR and ask them yourself, you void the warranty when you go to the 3.4" pulley for the type-S. They sell it with that disclaimer. Most won't mention it but the charger is not rated to run for long at those speeds.
    ah, damn, that sucks. So what kind of pulley are they using on the Si for 11lbs? the 3.4 also? I don't think I'd bother with that, that's too much boost imo for a jrsc, too much heat generated would cancel out any gains made...so it would seem, but then again, hondata is amazing. I'll probably get the kpro then. Run the 4" pulley during daily driving...then for the drag or messing around switch to the 11lbs of boost tune....

That is possible with the kpro right? to change from one setting to the other by using the kpro?

I can swap programs in the K-pro within seconds. The testing they are doing at 11lbs may or may not make it to the final tune for the race EP SC version, however it's good to know that they are pushing the limits on it. It should be finalized in the next couple of weeks and be included in the EP K-pro.

Edit: I wanted the 3.4" just for track events, a little something special to throw in once in a while. The 4" will be my daily pulley. You had mentioned that you were near the end limit of adjustability on the idler pulley to keep the belt tight with the 4" pulley. I asked specifically about that issue and was told that I could get away with the 3.4" with the same belt they will send me. If I have an issue I will contact them and have Bando make a special belt for me.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 05-17-2004 at 07:09 PM.

heres where i cut in.

boost upgrade from JR is scheduled to be released in october. should come with smaller pulley, new powercard, new belt, and possibly, but i highly doubt injectors. i would imagine that the race version would be released right around that time.

on reliability note, i have had my JRSC installed and running on my car, problem free (knock on wook, knock knock), since mid january. and have had nothing but fun.

oh and to clear up the deal about the pulleys for the type-S JRSC. remember that there are 3 pulleys out for that setup. the base 4" the race version 3.7" or somethin like that, and then they have the boost upgrade above the race version, which is the 3.4" the 3.4" gets the race kit to 380 whp i believe.

and whenevr i take it into the dealer to get my oil changed, all they do it gawk at it, and ask me how it is.no complaints yet. knock on wood.

any more questions?

Originally posted by 1 fstr si
    heres where i cut in.

boost upgrade from JR is scheduled to be released in october. should come with smaller pulley, new powercard, new belt, and possibly, but i highly doubt injectors. i would imagine that the race version would be released right around that time.

on reliability note, i have had my JRSC installed and running on my car, problem free (knock on wook, knock knock), since mid january. and have had nothing but fun.

oh and to clear up the deal about the pulleys for the type-S JRSC. remember that there are 3 pulleys out for that setup. the base 4" the race version 3.7" or somethin like that, and then they have the boost upgrade above the race version, which is the 3.4" the 3.4" gets the race kit to 380 whp i believe.

and whenevr i take it into the dealer to get my oil changed, all they do it gawk at it, and ask me how it is.no complaints yet. knock on wood.

any more questions?
    ??? interesting, with JR's boost grade on the type s, they recommend hondata and the injectors with just the 7lbs of boost....sounds like we are getting some mixed up info here.

I knew the type s comes with a 4" pulley, their race version comes with a 3.4 pulley, I've been watching that over on clubrsx for a while now....so there is no 3.7...the race version is the only one which is the 3.4...that's why I bought a type s pulley from a guy that did the race upgrade and bought a 3.4" pulley...not sure where you got that mixed up info from.

And they put down about 270-280whp with the race setup...not 380 LOL

??? interesting, with JR's boost grade on the type s, they recommend hondata and the injectors with just the 7lbs of boost....sounds like we are getting some mixed up info here.

I knew the type s comes with a 4" pulley, their race version comes with a 3.4 pulley, I've been watching that over on clubrsx for a while now....so there is no 3.7...the race version is the only one which is the 3.4...that's why I bought a type s pulley from a guy that did the race upgrade and bought a 3.4" pulley...not sure where you got that mixed up info from.

And they put down about 270-280whp with the race setup...not 380 LOL

Exactly, and the testing they have done so far is with 440cc and 550cc injectors for the EP with the higher 11lb boost.

Exactly, and the testing they have done so far is with 440cc and 550cc injectors for the EP with the higher 11lb boost.
    yeah, he may have spoke to someone at JR that didn't know what was going on...not the first time someone like that would answer the phone over there :D

I can swap programs in the K-pro within seconds. The testing they are doing at 11lbs may or may not make it to the final tune for the race EP SC version, however it's good to know that they are pushing the limits on it. It should be finalized in the next couple of weeks and be included in the EP K-pro.

Edit: I wanted the 3.4" just for track events, a little something special to throw in once in a while. The 4" will be my daily pulley. You had mentioned that you were near the end limit of adjustability on the idler pulley to keep the belt tight with the 4" pulley. I asked specifically about that issue and was told that I could get away with the 3.4" with the same belt they will send me. If I have an issue I will contact them and have Bando make a special belt for me.
    ah, just saw your edit. Yeah, it was limited with the 4" pulley, but mainly with the screw, spider said he just bought a longer screw and that helped move the idler pulley some more to keep it tighter, so you should be fine I guess....and going back on the warranty thing, I can see why jr would void a warranty with a smaller pulley.

Way back when I had a jrsc in my 97 civic ex...I had a 10lbs of boost pulley, that's 4 over stock, damn thing was so small. About 40,000 miles were on the superchager and the blower started leaking oil...not good :D but that was okay, because I traded it in for the ep hahaha

ephatch member
    02silversibh.. u could get a 7rib 62" belt to have more adjustablitly since our kit comes with a 63" belt.. i plan on doing emanage with 550cc injects soon but first i wanna dyno it how it is with the 4" pulley.. isnt it great going into the unknown :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information