Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JR Supercharger

RSX-S street version
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=37908

RSX-S race version 254.6 hp
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=42643

RSX-S race version "PULLEY UPGRADE" 280 whp (like i said before, but was denied)
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=41567

dyno for 280 whp
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/graphic...RSX3.4dyno.jpg

there ya go

Originally posted by 1 fstr si
    RSX-S street version
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=37908

RSX-S race version 254.6 hp
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=42643

RSX-S race version "PULLEY UPGRADE" 280 whp (like i said before, but was denied)
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/Vi...eIndexID=41567

dyno for 280 whp
    http://www.jacksonracing.com/graphic...RSX3.4dyno.jpg

there ya go
    only thing I see different, is they now have a flash for the existing stock boost level, where as it was only availavble with the race setup with the 7psi (3.4 pulley)...so there is no 3.7 pulley like you had mentioned before...

okay, so there was a flash for the type s people before the 7psi pulley (3.4")

This upgrade is free to all existing JRSC customers that have the Hondata race reflash. The 3.4" pulley for the 7psi boost upgrade is available now (part # 052-515) from Jackson Racing and their dealers and require the reflash first. The reflash upgrade procedure is detailed here.

The lower power curve is the JRSC Race kit with headers, cold air intake and 4" (5 psi ) pulley. The 4" pulley was swapped for a 3.4" pulley using the belt as supplied with the JR kit. The stock catback was swapped out for DC twin cannister catback. Peak torque increased 20 ft pounds and peak power 30-35 hp.

What I find weird about all this is...no rsx type s owner has ever got a flash done for just the 5psi pulley, they did the 7psi pulley...

Originally posted by EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
    Anybody knows if they will release Race Version for our Ep's???
    Got this message from Keith at Jackson Racing today:

The supercharger upgrade you are referring to is still a couple months down the road by way of part number 989-302 / Race kit.
    S T A Y T U N E D ! ! Thanks.

that's cool, no big hurry, I don't have the money for it right now anyway

Originally posted by jimmyjames
    Got this message from Keith at Jackson Racing today:

The supercharger upgrade you are referring to is still a couple months down the road by way of part number 989-302 / Race kit.
    S T A Y T U N E D ! ! Thanks.
    I am still waiting for a call back from Keith, any minuite. I have a couple of questions.

1. The street boost on the RSX-S kit is ~5lbs using a 4" pulley. The street boost on the SI kit is ~5lbs using a 4.4" pulley. Why?

My suspicion is that the crank pulley is smaller on the RSX-S and the size differential is to compensate for it.

2. I got the MAP relocation bracket thrown in as well, but it seems only applicable to the K-pro users. Why and what specifically does it do? Retail, JR sells this bracket for 140 bucks. I had to ask if it was made of gold? lol.

02SilverSiHB, I got a boost gauge as well, same as the one in your avatar, only with the chrome bezel. I wonder how accurate it is?
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 05-19-2004 at 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I am still waiting for a call back from Keith, any minuite. I have a couple of questions.

1. The street boost on the RSX-S kit is ~5lbs using a 4" pulley. The street boost on the SI kit is ~5lbs using a 4.4" pulley. Why?

My suspicion is that the crank pulley is smaller on the RSX-S and the size differential is to compensate for it.
    Could've sworn the RSX had an extra pulley.. which would explain why the SI's is larger (belt length compensation)

Originally posted by RMC22
    Could've sworn the RSX had an extra pulley.. which would explain why the SI's is larger (belt length compensation)
    Belt length does not effect the belts velocity, length difference is only a few inches anyway, and yes they have the hydraulic steering pump pulley to include. The velocity of the belt is controlled by the crank pulley diameter, and if it is smaller, it would explain why the charger pulley is also smaller, yet still producing the same charger speed and boost on both the RSX-S and Si street versions.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 05-19-2004 at 03:41 PM.

Another question:

I am running just over a full point lower compression compared to the A2 setup, with my A2 head and A3 block. How well will the maps offered in the K-pro fair? I was told that It will work, just not sure about how much to advance the timing or cams to make the best of it before getting to the dyno. I will likely not fudge anything from the street Hondata JRSC map until I get on the dyno.

BTW: I also ordered a 62" belt for the 3.4" pulley just in case from Bando. 7 rib is hard to come by and I got the 6 rib.

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

2. I got the MAP relocation bracket thrown in as well, but it seems only applicable to the K-pro users. Why and what specifically does it do? Retail, JR sells this bracket for 140 bucks. I had to ask if it was made of gold? lol.

02SilverSiHB, I got a boost gauge as well, same as the one in your avatar, only with the chrome bezel. I wonder how accurate it is?
    yeah, I've wonder the same about your first question, I though it may have been because the extra pulley on the k20a2, but like you said that wouldn't make since, then I thought maybe because it sits different, but that doesn't make since either. Could be the crank pulley like you mentioned...but I don't see anyone swapping thoughs that do a k20a2 swap, and no one has mentioned that is different.

2. I've seen the relocated bracket...it probably cost 2 cents :D
    http://www.hondata.com/race_jrsc-install.html
    but in this pic, it doesn't look like it moved :o anywhere different

Way back on the B series, they did the same thing, they relocated it to the JRSC manifold...there was a spot for a perfect fit with the map sensor. It was put that way to read boost for the stock ecu...only if it was tuned by hondata of course, the ecu would go nuts if it read boost. And of course when it read boost the ecu would open up the injectors more and hondata's tuning would go into affect...cam timing etc.

Another thing that confused me on this setup for the k motor, is later on on that page I gave you, it says to remove the JRSC tfi box...is that the jr power card, and why send it to hondata? are they saying we still use the power card?

What I was trying to say didn't have to do with the belt length but how fast the crank was spinning. Since the pulley is larger and creates the same boost as the one that is smaller..they should be rotating at the same speed and adding the same amount of boost.

SF-SI-02
    Does anyone know what the boost upgrade will be? Is this different from the race version? And is anyone running the 4" pully at low elevation as a daily driver? Finally (I know a lot of questions) is it always ok to get a hi-flow cat with a SC or do you risk messing something up if you do that?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SF-SI-02; 05-27-2004 at 04:02 PM.

Originally posted by SF-SI-02
    Does anyone know what the boost upgrade will be? Is this different from the race version? And is anyone running the 4" pully at low elevation as a daily driver? Finally (I know a lot of questions) is it always ok to get a hi-flow cat with a SC or do you risk messing something up if you do that?

Thanks!
    Hondata is testing ~11psi and that means they are probably using the 3.4" pulley. Will that size pulley make it to the EP race version? We'll have to wait and see. I will be testing out all three pulleys and I am at moderately low elevation. Exhaust mods, including a high flow cat or test pipe do not harm the SC. Tuning is always a good thing to get the most out of the standard boltons and the SC.;)

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    okay, so there was a flash for the type s people before the 7psi pulley (3.4")

This upgrade is free to all existing JRSC customers that have the Hondata race reflash. The 3.4" pulley for the 7psi boost upgrade is available now (part # 052-515) from Jackson Racing and their dealers and require the reflash first. The reflash upgrade procedure is detailed here.

The lower power curve is the JRSC Race kit with headers, cold air intake and 4" (5 psi ) pulley. The 4" pulley was swapped for a 3.4" pulley using the belt as supplied with the JR kit. The stock catback was swapped out for DC twin cannister catback. Peak torque increased 20 ft pounds and peak power 30-35 hp.

What I find weird about all this is...no rsx type s owner has ever got a flash done for just the 5psi pulley, they did the 7psi pulley...
    I now know I am running 4psi with the 4.4" pulley, looking at that dyno chart it gives my goose bumps to think what the jump will be with the 4.0" pulley which should be near the same boost. Those numbers are great. As I mentioned in another thread, I am quite impressed with the power so far to say the least. I should be able to get the same results of the type-S with the 4.0" pulley and dare to think what numbers I can attain with the 3.4". The hybrid is in for quite a challenge. Stay tuned!;)

ephatch member
    i have been running the 4" pulley which puts down 7-7.5lbs daily for the past 2 weeks.. no problems yet

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information