Close

Thread: Turbo Sizes

Turbo Sizes

Any of you Revhard guys remember what size turbo the kit comes with.

SFP guys too: what size turbo does the kit come with.

The reason I'm asking is b/c I received my turbo a little while ago and now I'm trying to decide on which manifold. The only thing is, I dont know if mine is too big to be able to mount on top like Revhard or SFP. I don't think it is, but it can't hurt to make sure.

Nobody?

C'mon Rocky, Most-Wanted, SFP, Pikachu, anybody?

bump

Still wondering...

Are you talking commpressor and turbine wheel size...as in A/R and trim? Or are you talking about physical size? If your wondering which manifold to get. It should have a T3/T4 flange. I don't know alot about turbos, but i'll try to help:o

I'm talking about A/R, trim, and physical size. I'm just wondering how tight the fit is with the turbo mounted on top of the manifold; I tried to sqeeze mine down in there from the top and it wouldn't go, so I think it'd have to be installed from the bottom.

And all manifolds made so far for the Si are T3 flanged.;)

Is that the turbo you purchased on E-bay? The one me and oldschool tried to make you give us?...lol! The A/R should be stamped on the side next to where it says Garrett. I'm sure it's a tight squeeze. I had a hell of a time putting my header on down through the top. Also, do the kits made for the EP(revhard, greddy, cybernation)have the turbo mounted on the top or the bottom of the manifold?

Originally posted by Vertigo
    Is that the turbo you purchased on E-bay? The one me and oldschool tried to make you give us?...lol! The A/R should be stamped on the side next to where it says Garrett. I'm sure it's a tight squeeze. I had a hell of a time putting my header on down through the top. Also, do the kits made for the EP(revhard, greddy, cybernation)have the turbo mounted on the top or the bottom of the manifold?
    Haha yes. I already know what size mine is, I want to know everybody elses' sizes for comparison. (And mine is Turbonetics not Garrett)

The revhard, greddy, and SFP kits all mount the turbo on top of the manifold; Cybernation is the only manifold with the flange underneath. The Cybernation manifold is also very expensive, so if I could fit mine in on top (and have it in full view ), I'd like to go with a Revhard manifold.

What makes me mad is that I can't go back through all the threads and look at pictures of different people's installs b/c of the imagestation problems and the site's problems.

I know how you feel the site as be awful as of late, but is getting better. I know that Chet and Rocky have to Revhard kit. It can be a pain in the ass when your building you own custome turbo kit. Best of luck bro.

Thread Information