Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nikkotyper

NEED high performance brake pads ASAP

I was not able to find any.
    Do you guys know of any that will fit our cars?

Thanks.

Still Around...
    the 2001+ civic coupe pads don't fit?

nikkotyper
    I don't know.
    I am hoping somebody has upgraded their pads ...
    I have 3 track events I am going to within the next month.
    I need some better pads.

On the last autoX which was the season ending Enduro - I experienced a lot of brake fade after 3 laps.

JDM TOOL
    I think that AEM makes some high performance brake pads for our car. You might wanna check with them!!

nikkotyper
    Thanks Pradamuimui,
    but it seems that they do not have any pads for our cars.
    That sucks. I am getting a vision how my track day will look like: 3 laps on the tracks, 5 laps in the pits. . . Not that the pads would help much, but at least I will have more fun.
    I am running a different brake fluid so I am not expecting it to boil but fade seems to be emminent at this point. Basically, if I do not get any pads by the middle of the next week it does not even matter since I will not have time to bed them in before the first event.

Thanks guys. How come nobody has changed theirs so far?
    I know AEM makes the front/rear brake conversion but the added unsprung weight could be a problem.
    Last edited by nikkotyper; 10-20-2002 at 06:13 PM.

metal brake lines could help...they dont expand when the get warm, like the rubber ones do. That's the common remedy for brake fade.

nikkotyper
    In my experience metal brake lines (usually they make them and advertise them as stainless) do not help much with brake fade. They do however improve the brake feel and the brake do not feel as mushy after several runs.
    The best deal would be to install some slotted rotors but I do not want to deal with the added unsprung weight. High performance pads will improve braking and help me brake a little bit later. But, you are right - the lines will certainly help too.

cobalt technology do a google search or just go to honda-tech.com and do a search all the AUTO Xers there swear by them (road racing)... I personally have used Axxis metal master's and love them . good luck but seriosuly check into Cobalt friction tecnology. they are supposed to be some serious pads! --joe

I searched for EBC (greenstuff, redstuff). Looks like nothing available yet.

You can use some racing brake fluid too!

nikkotyper
    Originally posted by 02blksi
    cobalt technology do a google search or just go to honda-tech.com and do a search all the AUTO Xers there swear by them (road racing)... I personally have used Axxis metal master's and love them . good luck but seriosuly check into Cobalt friction tecnology. they are supposed to be some serious pads! --joe
    I emailed them on Friday. I'll let you know if they have anything.

Andie @ Cobalt Friction

also Larry @ CarboTech

Tell the Jack from the ECHC sent you.

nikkotyper
    Yeah. I emailed Andie already. He said he will check the fitment and let me know.
    I will email the other Larry as well.

Thanks a lot.

so far, looking for brake pads has been VERY VERY frustrating for me.

I've called up most of the major brake pad companies (hawk, porterfield, performance friction, etc etc etc) and nothing. The Base RSX pads are ever so slightly different in shape, and will not fit.

The most promising lead I have came via PM with Hondatech, he claims the 2002 si front pads are the same as the 7g civic coupe front pads. I have some pad tracings sitting on my desk at home, so if i get home early enough, i'll skip over to the honda dealership and see if the 7g civic pads fit the outline of the 2002 si pads.

I'm also gonna check to see if the rear pads of a base rsx fit the shape of the rear si pads - like a dumbass I forgot to check the rear when I visited the acura dealership.

keep us posted chunky..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information