Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Completely embarrassing times with the JRSC

Okay, first I'm going to give my excuses

Before the JRSC, I had i/h/e like I have now, and I had heavier rims and worse tires. I ran this following time back in last winter (with out the JRSC)

Now that above time was at a really nice race track, very well prepped, etc.

Now for my embarrassment. I moved about 2 hours north to a small ass town. The drag strip is out near a farm..actually is next to a farm, is the worse prepped track I've ever seen, I can't begin to explain, it was sooo shitty, if LHD_EP3 sees this post he can confirm, it was striaght up ghetto!

Read on...

So here's my time...I'm reeeaaalllly hoping it was the drag strip:

RT: .634
    60ft: 2.273
    1/8: 9.752
    MPH: 71.53
    1000 12.671
    1/4: 15.155
    MPH: 90.41

Yeah, shitty eh...a whole .2 sec faster...yippy, the trap sucks also. Now, there were a few nice cars out there doing just as bad...a 350z was hitting 15's all day long and few others were doing the same. An VW GTI 337 that usually hits 13.1 was doing worse and I think he said it should be running faster now, but he ran a 13.4...but not too bad I guess for him.

So, I'm hoping that the excuse that the track was shitty was the reason why...I hope. I don't know, what do you guys think?

The rest of my times were the same. I hope I can go back to the original drag strip that is a few hours away when I get a chance, to settle my excuse for such a shitty time. If I get the same time, then this thing needs some tuning, and I don't feel like spending a ton of money to tune it. If the amount to tune it comes close to a turbo, then I'm taking this shit off and selling it.

wow, very disappointing. but it could easily be the track.

my friends lightning runs a 12.1 on a well prepped track. but we went to 75-80 in maryland, and he ran a 12.7 and 12.9. don't worry about this bad time. just give it a good ol' tuning and take it to a good track.

even though you're boosted, i'm sure altitude plays a factor. it'd be a lot more noticable in a NA car, but w/ low boost pressures, i'm sure San Angelo is a lot higher than San Antonio.

the track also may have something to do with it.

yup, just checked. San Antonio is about 800 ft. above sea level while San Angelo is nearly 2,000. i'd be willing to bet that's where the discrepancy lies.

okay, I'm feeling better now, look at this shit:
    http://www.clan-syn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=172
    http://www.clan-syn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=138

A crx with a b16 ran a 15.7
    an ef hatch with a b18 ran a 15.5

yeah, that track is fucked up.

yeah, thanks guys, just saw your posts. I think it is the track. I know I'll be crying like a little baby if I see those times again at San Antonio. I'm going to try and make it down there next week.

Man that does kinda suck. But i agree that it was the track. Hopefully you will be able to get at least mid to high 14's elsewhere

Hi,

This track must be reaaaaallly bad as here in the U.K. the tracks are terrible and I managed 15.4 before JRSC and 14.4 after I ran 4 x 14.4's in a row and was dissapointed that I could not go any quicker.
    I am putting an LSD in the car this weekend and fitting NOS next week for a race in two weekends time with the view of running 13's will let you know. Also I was at Palmdale about 4 weeks ago where most of the racers complained about the track compared to other U.S. tracks however it seemed really good compared to U.K. tracks

holy crap, that does suck. I hear ya on feeling shitty about the times. Not exactly the greatest feeling when you blow 2500 bucks on a mod and it doesn't put down the results you want on paper.

But it's gotta be the track. There's no f'in way that you only gained 2 tenths of a second with 35-40 more whp, nevermind torque.

Edit: However your 60' time doesn't seem to have suffered...usually thats the first indicator of track preparation, no? Hmm I'm not so sure if its the track then. Did you have traction issues?
    Last edited by anjapower; 05-15-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Pimpn 1 day @ a time civic si hb's Avatar
    damn!!!!!! i hope that is was the track. it doesn't seem possible to get 40 whp and only pick up .2 seconds in the quarter. the only thing is that your trap speed is very low also. ususally if the track is bad you'll get a bad 60ft time but once you get traction you pick it up in the top end of the track. you need to get to that other track soon. the JRSC was going to be my big mod next summer but this doesn't add up. i think i need to drive it;) .

Originally posted by civic si hb
    i think i need to drive it;) .
    hehe that's for sure. Even I was able to pull a 15.1 in my N/A EP3, and I'm awful at the dragstrip.

my 60fts were 2.2 and 2.3...with wheel hop the entire time, I was shocked my 60fts were decent with the wheel hop.

Also, I test drove my friend ep with sri, dc header, and hondata...my car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster, so I know it's the track and conditions here for sure. I do like how the hondata helps you jolt forward more when you shift to the next gear since it puts you in a different rpm when you shift from the added rpms.

Also, a guy with a 240 with a sr20det ran a 15.1 at best...doesn't sound right to me. I thought those were 14's from what I've seen at the better track. Maybe it's just this area and not the track itself

Track conditions only really matter in the first 60'.
    Your 60' actually wasnt that bad and the ET matches the MPH so it seems to have been a "clean run", just not as quick/fast as expected.
    The only reason could be either (a) somethings wrong w/ your car or (b) tracks higher elevation.
    Elevation does make a HUUUUUUGE difference.

Take it back to the track your ran at the first time.

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
    Your 60' actually wasnt that bad and the ET matches the MPH so it seems to have been a "clean run", just not as quick/fast as expected.
    The only reason could be either (a) somethings wrong w/ your car or (b) tracks higher elevation.

so with the track level being 2000 where I just ran the shitty time can make that big a difference to the better track with a 800 level?

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

and yeah, the 60ft and et's seem consistent, so that was something else that bothered me..given that I had wheel hop through out 1st gear and a little of 2nd. I couldn't believe the amount of wheel hop I got from the sc. I never got that before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information