Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pimpn 1 day @ a time civic si hb's Avatar
    i was talking to Tim(gearheadgeek)and he was saying at corrected level it would have been 14.5 run, maybe a 14.7 i forget. i'm sure someone on here can do the mathand figuire it out.

I felt that it was a 14.5-14.7 sec car...so 14.7 sounds respectable.

i don't know what your other mods are but i'm willing to bet low, low 14's to very high 13's is capable. i ran Anj's car(anjapower) and got a 14.7@95mph with coldair intake,comptech race header, comptech exhaust,hondata,hondata gasket,es motor mounts and 16 inch rota slips with 225/45/16,also with full interior, jack and spare.

Originally posted by civic si hb
    i don't know what your other mods are but i'm willing to bet low, low 14's to very high 13's is capable. i ran Anj's car(anjapower) and got a 14.7@95mph with coldair intake,comptech race header, comptech exhaust,hondata,hondata gasket,es motor mounts and 16 inch rota slips with 225/45/16,also with full interior, jack and spare.
    I have an injen cai, hp header, test pipe with casper sim, and a comptech exhaust. I have some es mm's that I may install when I get a chance. As for the test pipe, I'm going to take it off and sell it, probably along with the sim. I thought it helped, but after a while, the low rpm response sucks for daily driving.

[i]Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB As for the test pipe, I'm going to take it off and sell it, probably along with the sim. I thought it helped, but after a while, the low rpm response sucks for daily driving. [/B]

please tell me about that i currently have a midpipe and just bought the dc sport header with the megan testpipe with o2 sim and was hoping for some decent gains

please tell me about that i currently have a midpipe and just bought the dc sport header with the megan testpipe with o2 sim and was hoping for some decent gains
    well, at first, it felt great, because all I did was get on it like nuts and the higher rpms felt good. But at the lower rpms, it doesn't feel quite as responsive, but I have a totally different setup. If you want it, let me know, I was think since the o2 sim goes for like 80 and the test pipe goes for like 90 after shipping, I'd let it go for 120 shipped.

I have to say that I thought the megan cat and DC shorty header was a great combo on my engine, but after running the DC race header in place of those, it does not compare. I got a custom midpipe made for it at a local shop and the low end and top end are much improved. With a little more tuning on the K-pro I think it's one of the best mods I have done.:D

Sucks about your elevation, I didn't even see you were at 2k above sealevel.

I have no doubt that an i/raceheader/e + jrsc on an ep3 should see hi 13s. Get to a better track soon:)

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I have to say that I thought the megan cat and DC shorty header was a great combo on my engine, but after running the DC race header in place of those, it does not compare.

haved you dyno'd between the for the difference in HP or does the car just feel faster with the race header?

haved you dyno'd between the for the difference in HP or does the car just feel faster with the race header?
    Well if you look at fsugatorbaits dyno, he put down 158 whp with i/h/e and test pipe. I put down 165whp with i/raceheader/exhaust. That really isn't conclusive evidence since there's so much difference b/w different dynos, etc.

BUT, I raced him on the highway and pulled well. That's my .02

No dyno numbers yet with the race header, I have done some tuning with the K-pro and things are quite improved with the race header. I plan to get back on the dyno next weekend. I will post numbers then. Needless to say I am over 185whp lol.:D
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 05-15-2004 at 06:34 PM.

It seems to me that it wasnt the track from your 60s, I think you need to stop double clutching,granny shifting....=P

Its elevation and weather, Mike.

Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
    I plan to get back on the dyno next weekend. I will post numbers then. Needless to say I am over 185whp lol.:D
    thats the stuff i like hearing...im stoked to find out what ur car is putting to the ground. You have my "realistic dream" set up.

and to silva

from the videos of your car and the dynos done on other JRSC EP...your car is a mid 14 car no doubt. dont even sweat the times....if anything next time you go to the track you can say how you improved almost a second...hehe :D
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Originally posted by anjapower
    Well if you look at fsugatorbaits dyno, he put down 158 whp with i/h/e and test pipe. I put down 165whp with i/raceheader/exhaust. That really isn't conclusive evidence since there's so much difference b/w different dynos, etc.

BUT, I raced him on the highway and pulled well. That's my .02

Ill be back on the dyno with the DC RH and Fujistubo RM01A exhaust this saturday to see how it compares to the test pipe/shorty combo. Im shooting for the N/A king at 165.

werent you also getting an a2 swap??

damn all of a sudden the modded ep's step up to the plate

cant wait for your dyno either
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information