Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jackson Racing is loving the A3

Hondata and Jackson racing have been working hard on a kit for the base rsx. One guy on club rsx has the prototype race version and is pushin like 230 whp and 172 tq.

pretty good news since its all on an A3

maybe well get some love too...i know a few people on the board have been dissapointed with the numbers on the JRSC. But these numbers prove that it is indeed a good mod. as i said, hopefully well get some more love too.

heres the link

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...6&page=1&pp=25

check it out
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

sounds like this kit is a little more akin to the Race Version JR was supposed to release.

larger injectors, tuning, 4" pulley ... not the same as the streetcharger version currently out for the EP.

i wonder if it's compatible.

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    why wouldn't it be?

ephatch member
    There are a few differences in between the RSX and Si.

Originally posted by downhil
    why wouldn't it be?
    well, for starters, the RSX SC is mounted horizontally, so right there i'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit. i was referring to the rest of the system (pulleys, tuning maps, etc.)

yea i saw that post on clubrsx. Very good numbers. Now I wonder how realistic it will be to get +75whp on a car other than one used (albeit indirectly) for Hondata/JR's advertisement purposes.

it might not be +75 whp...but the tuning that went into creating that ecu will surely help out those ep'ers with JRSC. maybe +65whp :D

adding
    the JR Racing Manifold
    the JR/Hondata tuned Ecu
    the larger injectors

should all be possible on our Si...even if the SC mounts differently

this is what those guys with JRSC have been waiting for!!
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:

the pulleys from the superchargers on both the types, base rsx, and si are interchangeable. I have the 4" pulley sitting in my hatch for when I want more boost, it works. But I don't drive around like that because I'm still awaiting on the hondata tune with bigger injectors and a smaller belt is really needed.
    Here's pics of the type s pulley on...notice the idler screw is all the way down...it's not even touching the idler pulley, the idler pulley is only staying because I cranked the screw pretty tight...that's another reason I don't drive around with that pulley on.

Other than that, I'm sure a separate tune will be needed for the si, since the si doesn't have a power steering pulley, and that may have some slightly different affects with hondata's tune...I wish they'd hurry up

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

Other than that, I'm sure a separate tune will be needed for the si, since the si doesn't have a power steering pulley, and that may have some slightly different affects with hondata's tune...I wish they'd hurry up
    hmmmm thats tru...hopefully theres a way for them to circumvent that issue and avoid a dilemna. i do hope jackson Racing/hondata start workin on this tho. if they come up with a way for more people to be getting 200+ whp they would be selling these SC alot easier. I know (or at least think) it can be done easily. They just need to tune the Si correctly.

The Evolution:

ephatch member
    i had the 4" pulley on my jrsc all weekend and put over 400 miles on it and no problems with it

Originally posted by spider883
    i had the 4" pulley on my jrsc all weekend and put over 400 miles on it and no problems with it
    you're crazy :D I hope you don't blow the motor. The injectors are supposedly maxed out at higher rpms with 5lbs of boost. do you read a little over 8lbs with the 4" pulley at the end of the rpms?

Also, don't you think it's a bad idea since the belt could come off easily?

Hope you're not getting detonation. I don't think it helps much with the stock setup of the injectors and jr power card.

ephatch member
    no belt sliping.. i have a longer tentioner bolt so it can go all the way down ... i only read 7lbs..

no belt sliping.. i have a longer tentioner bolt so it can go all the way down ... i only read 7lbs..
    strange, you say you bought a longer belt???? because my belt with the 4" pulley ends up being slightly long. I didn't have any slipping, but I didn't want to chance it with that much more boost and blow the motor.

ephatch member
    i still use the 63" belt but i bought a longer bolt to push the tenstion pulley all the way down.. with the bolt it comes with it will only go 7/8's of the way down.. now it will go all the way down

i still use the 63" belt but i bought a longer bolt to push the tenstion pulley all the way down.. with the bolt it comes with it will only go 7/8's of the way down.. now it will go all the way down
    ah! good idea..same prob I had...so you think it's safe to run that amount of boost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information