Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar

Exclamation Explanation of Guardian E.I. from Cybernation...

Here is a quote from Head Cheese at Cybernation Motorsports about their upcoming product for all honda/acura owners (FI or not!).

[I]"Question: What is Guardian E.I.?

Answer: Let us revisit what Guardian is and why the concept. We have proven that we can post huge horsepower numbers and boost 40 psi at will. A major concern most people usually have when considering boost is safety. I have been asked many times

ephatch member
    Sounds good, but how much can you really trust something like this? Is there any sort of warranty if the program doesn't pick up something and ruins your engine?

Well, it has safety cutoffs that stop boosting in a bad situation.

Aside from that (in regards to the program) if it drives at all once u install it - it generates fuel map right away (or it wouldn't drive). Once that map is first created - it always has the current "saved" map to fall back on if a sensor fails preventing it from correctly reading changes in the future - in which case it's working like a well tuned S-AFC at that point with a programmed fuel map.

Or were you refering to some other potential problem?

Eric

would it be feasible to run the guardian with just I/raceH/E and hondata, because i know that we do run a little lean at about 5000 rpms. How does this work is it compatible with hondata or does it replace it altogether? Also any info on price?

dont copy my text, fucker downhil's Avatar
    impressive.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by esmith13
    Well, it has safety cutoffs that stop boosting in a bad situation.

Aside from that (in regards to the program) if it drives at all once u install it - it generates fuel map right away (or it wouldn't drive). Once that map is first created - it always has the current "saved" map to fall back on if a sensor fails preventing it from correctly reading changes in the future - in which case it's working like a well tuned S-AFC at that point with a programmed fuel map.

Or were you refering to some other potential problem?

Eric
    What happens if a sensor fails and it falls back to a map that was created while running, say 8 lbs of boost and you have just switched to 15 lbs?

my jrsc wants one :D

Originally posted by mdoyle
    What happens if a sensor fails and it falls back to a map that was created while running, say 8 lbs of boost and you have just switched to 15 lbs?
    Simple - since idle fuel will be the same the car will start normally - when you attempt to drive it the car will change back to 8psi automatically. Guardian has boost control override - that's how it can "stop" u from boosting if the car is running uncontrollably lean (injectors clogged or too small) or if it's overheating too much from boost. Now, a real wastegate still sets absolute boost - so there is no failure worries there - Guardian just has the ability to LOWER boost electronically - even if all the sensors fail it still can't boost higher than the wastegate setting.

So in a nutshell - if this happens the car will still run 8psi ;)
    Hows that for safe :D

Eric

Originally posted by SSMep3
    would it be feasible to run the guardian with just I/raceH/E and hondata, because i know that we do run a little lean at about 5000 rpms. How does this work is it compatible with hondata or does it replace it altogether? Also any info on price?
    Based on what I know you SHOULD be able to run hondata too but it would be a waste. Hondata and guardian do the same thing except guardian wouldn't allow a lean condition and probably will give a tad more WHP since it can run 13:1 on the money regarless of your climate or altitude - hondata has to run a lil rich to prevent cold high altitude users from going BOOM ;)

Guardian is slated to have 2 versions - one with the abilty to set your own rev limiter and one without. Sounds to me like you'd save money by selling your hondata and just getting guardian.

I know for a fact you CAN use it with any other bolt-on situation or FI situation... Not 100% sure about the hondata part tho - but as i said - you can get 100% the same results even if you remove the hondata so why not sell it to pay off part of guardian's cost?
    Eric

Would they just hurry up and finish beta testing?!

Whats a realistic expected timeframe for release?

2-4 months till one can be bought, paid for and shipped out.

ESTIMATED of course. ;)

Eric

eric do u know what the cost will be? more or less than the k-pro, i am figuring more do to the fact it needs no tuning ever?

this is the best mod i have heared of. is there a set price yet.. if its anything less than 1500 i will be getting it.........sold

All I know is a few months ago I was told around $500. But I don't know if that price still applies since they have added more features since.

ALSo i don't know if that was a price to me as a current Cybernation Turbo Kit Customer or if the price was for anybody.

Unfortunately that means I don't have ANY reasonable info to share on pricing.

I promise i will post ANY press info i get from them AS SOON as I get it. I am on CN's back about this release - i want one so bad I can taste it and the guys at CN know it and remember my name. ;)

Eric

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information