Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by esmith13

Oh, that reminds me. I was told it would cost me $300-$500 to purchace JUST the guardian box to install on my car so I can rip out the AFC. I am GUESSING that means like $300 for standard box and $500 for the one with the redline increase - but that is just me guessing. I make that assumption only because anything CN ever quoted me for in the past while in development they released for the quoted price or less, so giving me a range and knowing their may be 2 versions makes me believe this.

EDIT: Eric beat me to it:o

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Originally posted by danoonez
    EDIT: Eric beat me to it:o

Haha, nice quote there ;)

I told u tho - when it comes to Guardian - I'M ON TOP OF IT! :D

Eric

i think my jrsc could use one of these too. is there any more info online anywhere? keep us posted.

Originally posted by 1 fstr si
    is there any more info online anywhere?
    http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/forum/

Haha E, I beat you this time biatch.

Niiiiice. ;)

I'm esmith13 over there too. And a mod - so be nice. :D

Eric

I am thinking turbo down the road after my EP is payed off. If this will help be get better performance with some bolt ons that I am doing now I will get the cash together for this for sure since it will grow with my mods.

If they can stay under k-pro kit and I can adjust my rev limiter I would be one happy owner.

I have just heard that someone has ordered a turbo kit from CN WITH Guardian. Apparently release isn't THAT far away if they are now accepting preorders of Guardian-based turbo kits.

I highly doubt, however, that they are taking preorders of the Guardian alone yet.

EDIT: It was just unofficially announced by a CN employee that Guardian will be available in "a few weeks".
    :D

Eric
    Last edited by esmith13; 05-18-2004 at 09:09 AM.

SF-SI-02
    This all sounds swell, but the benefits aren't there for those who have/dream of jrsc right? I mean, you mentioned the box would control the boost controller, unfortunetly no such contol is afforded with a sc... since you have a lot of cred with Cn could you ask how EI will help those with a sc?

Thanks

On a SC it would provide the perfect tune. Boost is adjustable on the SC with a pulley swap. So it's not like your boost will be able to fluctuate from the "norm" unless your belt slips - in which case you under boost and run rich. The worse case there is you stall and foul your plugs but your engine is perfectly fine.

The ONLY chance of "overboosting", so to speak, is if you upgrade the pulley for more boost but your injectors can't handle it. Honestly I would hope you check into that with JR before u install anyways. ;)

I will ask for u if the "safety features" of guardian work or even are needed with a SC setup.

I'd bet u that you'd make more WHP with a guardian than the powercard from JR tho regardless ;)

Eric

SF-SI-02
    It doesn't dound like that would be too hard! ;)

ephatch member
    Simple - since idle fuel will be the same the car will start normally - when you attempt to drive it the car will change back to 8psi automatically. Guardian has boost control override - that's how it can "stop" u from boosting if the car is running uncontrollably lean (injectors clogged or too small) or if it's overheating too much from boost. Now, a real wastegate still sets absolute boost - so there is no failure worries there - Guardian just has the ability to LOWER boost electronically - even if all the sensors fail it still can't boost higher than the wastegate setting.

So in a nutshell - if this happens the car will still run 8psi ;)
    Hows that for safe :D

Eric
    Sounding a lot better. If I think of anything i'll ask.

Thumbs up

Anyone wanna buy my hondata .... lol.

well, i've seen people talking about how this is gonna eliminate the need for hondata (at least the flash), however, i wonder if this is completely true. will the Guardian offer any kind of programming for VTEC points (or even better a window). Will it offer any way to enable/disable certain aspects of OBD2 functionality? If not, then it seems to me like a K-Pro is still gonna be needed, especially for those of us building up frankenstein motors to boost ;)

Re: Explanation of Guardian E.I. from Cybernation...

Here is a quote from Head Cheese at Cybernation Motorsports about their upcoming product for all honda/acura owners (FI or not!).
    4. Improved cursing range with better gas mileage.
    :D I love that quote, "improved cursing range" sweetness we will be able to curse within a 350mile radius instead of 300miles

Exclamation FEATURE UPDATE!!!

LATEST UPDATE FROM CN's HEAD GUY...

"Latest development for Guardian is boost control by throttle position. We are new able to control the boost by throttle position. Meaning you can lightly press the throttle for 1 to 2 psi boost and hold it, or 5 to 6 psi and hold it and so on without going lean. The driver now has better control on power delivery, which is unusual for turbo cars. Most of the time it is on or off power but now it is variably control by the driver."

You read right people. A Turbo Charged K-series is now capable of having linear boost!!!!! Think about it! The ONE TRUE benifit of a SuperCharger over a turbo'd setup is linear power gains directly proportional to throttle.

AutoXers should be creaming in their pants right about now as well as those that worry deeply about FWD traction issues...

:D :D :D

Eric

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information