Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    dam well there goes the swap
    i think ill stick with boost

Will future updates of guardian have built in traction control? Can boost levels be individually set depending on what gear the car is in?

remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    .............. ....i want to work for cybernation...i'm a programmer...hire me please....:'(

dam if youre a programmer get the tools and devices and make your own version of hondata and market it and make a fortune.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Originally posted by ATRIOT
    Will future updates of guardian have built in traction control? Can boost levels be individually set depending on what gear the car is in?
    Doubt it. The ECU and engine have no clue what gear your in either. i doubt a piggyback system will know. I would thing you would need a special mechanical sensor attached to the shift linkage to even attempt that...

Eric

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    so basically this combine the benefits a super charger with the power capibilites of the turbo. ive never owned an fi car before but i am excited to add to my ep3. ive been leaning towards sc for reliability reasons and some of the other points brought up, but with guardian i shouldnt have any trouble running a turbo. man i wish i knew what i was talking about :p

Originally posted by esmith13
    It was just unofficially announced by a CN employee that Guardian will be available in "a few weeks".
    :D

Eric

Bah! The suspense is f'ing killing me. Are you planning on buying the Guardian when it comes out E? Is the damn thing basically just plug and play? I vaguely remember something about basemaps and what have you back in your original thread about the E.I. So how will this all hook up: 1) Just wire it in and let 'er rip, OR 2) wire it up, hook up a laptop and give some preliminary settings to produce a base-map OFF OF WHICH the gaurdian will self-tune?

From what I understand, you wire it in and it HAS a base map in there already (setup for u by CN). The base tune has an overly rich setup that will safely allow u to start the car and get it moving so guardian can do it's thing on it's maiden voyage.

You ALSO can hook up a latop to monitor, datalog AND set up base tunes in memory.

Eric

Ah alright cool. So when I order my Gaurdian, I tell Cybernation what it is I have going on under my hood and they set up a base-map for me, no?

"Maiden Voyage"...nice.

As far as I know, yes. You CAN do it yourself with a laptop, but I personally can't imagine them LOOSING sales over owners that don't have laptops to program with. They HAVE to offer a base tune service, even if they charge U for their time and effort...

I know the base setup HAS to be done, but I'm honestly guessing as to weather or not they will do it for you or if it's hardcoded already....

Eric

Well...I guess we'll see for sure once you buy it as soon as it comes out and then tell me all about it.;)

I'm still a little confused on how Guardian can lower boost. Lets say I have a greddy boost controller that allows me to quick swop between 8 and 12 and program for 15. How can it override that input and bring it back down?

Also if i'm running a 50 shot of NOS with the turbo and bigger injectors and pump will Guardian correct the fuel ratio on the fly and add gas as neccesary?

Yes guardian will correct for ANY need of more or less fuel. In one of cybernation's own drag runs - they blew off an IC pipe mid run and guardian leaned out the fuel for the instant and complete lack of boost and the car merely performed like stock all of a sudden...

Basically, you would REMOVE your boost controller, because guardian IS a boost controller as well as a fuel system. Their already are boost controllers on the market that can lower boost at lower rpms and so forth to aide in traction. I assume they employ the same methods with guardian but using a multifunction computer that does it all instead of just handeling boost.

Eric

ephatch member
    i think i got it all just want to check..... So lets say i have the Gaurdian with an a3 ecu and i swap an a2 i can use the same gaurdian system beacuse its a piggyback unit right?

Originally posted by Dres97
    i think i got it all just want to check..... So lets say i have the Gaurdian with an a3 ecu and i swap an a2 i can use the same gaurdian system beacuse its a piggyback unit right?
    Correct.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information