Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    ^^^ What he said.

You would prolly have to hook up a laptop to the guardian and reset the base program type for a rsx-s and let guardian re-learn, but aside from needing access to a laptop for 15 minutes or so, your good to go! ;)

As of now, guardian is designed to work on ALL K-series motors/ecu's with full intent to expand compatibility asap beyond just k-series cars.

Eric

Alittle faster now
    Even work on JDM ECU's right?!?!?!

The main question is when?
    Is it done yet?
    Are we there yet?
    yet?yet?yet?yet?yet? blah blah blah...:D ;) :p

hahaha, as long as their OBD II spec and k-series intended ;)

Eric

K-Pro, Gaurdian? K-Pro, Gaurdian? K-Pro, Gaurdian?

Any updates on a release date Eric?

I'll be waiting on your review once it comes out too.;)

Bump!

I have no further info beyond it being released "soon"...

Trust me, i'm on it like fly's on shit :D

Eric

That's what I like to hear.

I have a question for ya (b/c I was just browsing the Cybernation forums):

When you get the Gaurdian, are you planning on keeping your return line + inline pump or will you be returning your fuel system (except for injectors obviously) back to stock like the Cybernation Si?

I will most likely be keeping the return line. If my inline pump ever fails I won't replace it tho - then it'll go back to stock...

I plan on needing more than stage I fuel levels soon, and I feel safer having a secondary pump to keep fuel pressure up.

Not that I don't trust CN's opinion - but a secondary safety is nice - especially when it's already in place and there is no effort involved in having it...

Oh, and they answered your injector question. ;)

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13
    I will most likely be keeping the return line. If my inline pump ever fails I won't replace it tho - then it'll go back to stock...

I plan on needing more than stage I fuel levels soon, and I feel safer having a secondary pump to keep fuel pressure up.

Not that I don't trust CN's opinion - but a secondary safety is nice - especially when it's already in place and there is no effort involved in having it...

Oh, and they answered your injector question. ;)

Eric

Ah...I forgot you had plans of big boost in mind,

....Oooh, I guess I'll go check up on the cybernation forums then.

Someone on CN's forum asked about guardian's inclusion in stage I kits. This was the reply from Lee himself - head of Cybernation...

"Yes Guardian will be included with all stage I kits. As far as stage II goes we would like to eliminate the return line from all our kit for simplicity sake. The return line may however be the only way to feed a high boosted system and does have major advantages.

The installation time on stage I is now reduced by 1/2 with the inclusion of Guardian. It takes about 12hrs to bolt on the turbo and with no tuning you are off to the races immediately.

Stage I price with Guardian $3799 to $3850 down from $4000. Plus saving on tuning and installation labor time as well.

Stage II, the plan is to have Guardian electronically control the FMU activating it only when needed. This will allow the current Guardian to immediately be compatible with all Stage II & III. Development on the larger injector setup will continue for stage II & III and made available later."

From what I understand beta testing is almost complete in all K-series cars including a few Si's some with and some without a return fuel line.

Release date is said to be VERY soon....

It was also made known that existing CN turbo customers will be able to get guardian at a "significant" discount off of retail and that retail will be "below the cost of K-Pro".

Eric

Thumbs up

Originally posted by esmith13

Release date is said to be VERY soon....

It was also made known that existing CN turbo customers will be able to get guardian at a "significant" discount off of retail and that retail will be "below the cost of K-Pro".

Eric
    Great info E, cant wait for its release.

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    damn i was thinking of going with the jrsc...but i may want to go cybernation...what types of advantages will the guardian system give me? ive never owned of maintaned a turboed car b4, or even driven one for that matter. will the guardian system help protect the car from being damaged by my n00bie-ness?

Well the Guardian will self tune, and do safety checks - so yes. If your car ever gets in a condition where it would run too rich or too lean it will automatically cut the boost and maked the car run N/A or if necessary shut the car off.

But for the record - they claim you can use the guardin system as fuel management for a JRSC too. ;)

Eric

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    the only reason i wanted to go jrsc waas for the safety factor...but with guardian, i acn run turbo and not have to worry too much...plsu the power gains from the cn kit over the jrsc are huge...

Originally posted by KingGreg86
    the only reason i wanted to go jrsc waas for the safety factor...but with guardian, i acn run turbo and not have to worry too much...plsu the power gains from the cn kit over the jrsc are huge...
    You still have to worry about turbo timers, turbine/oil fires, oil lines, heat wrap, etc.... and its about 2k more. ;)

Very true.

The risks will ALWAYS be higher with a turbo than a S/C. Guardian just removes the risks that would normally be attributed to an idiot's mistake or an owner who's too poor financially to "do it right".

However - I like to think of myself as a shining beacon of the space in between... Where you have your cake (power) and eat it too (safety and drivibility)...

But, to each their own.

Eric

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information