Close

Thread: Debadge the Si

Debadge the Si

Hi,
    Has anybody try to remove the Si from the grille? What do I have to do to take it out? I don't want to break it either, just want to remove it in one nice piece like the rear.

Thanks!

seriously. i want to know too. I just want the front si badge off, the rear one can stay.

clownswlleatu
    It is held in by 2 screws you have to take the bumper off to get to them. It's a real pain in the a$$. You might be able to get to them with a small screwdriver and a small pair of hands without taking off the bumper.

isn't that fot the H emblem? To remove the Si badge, remove the 8 or so clips on top of the bumper and flex it back toward you. If you look behind the Si, you'll see its held in by 3 clips, I think. I dont exactly remember how many, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Not so easy to remove in one piece.Odds are the plastic pins will break because of the star washers holding the Si emblem on.The only way I figure is to grind off opposite sides of the outer edges of the star washers.Clips are cheap.The emblem isn't.There's always 2-side foam tape.This might req. the removal of the grille.If you don't care about the 3 pins in back,then you could just use a screwdriver to pry it off.

You could buy a SiR emblem from Canada for about $21(US).

you could do what I did to get mine off, Run the car into a guard rail at 30 mph. The emblem popped, no problem. So did the bumper and grill and hood and airbags and bumper cover and radiators....Nevermind BAD idea!
    ----Tom

I took mine off, but the pins broke. If you take it off, plan on keeping it off! PS-Much better looking without it!

Thread Information