Close

2 single-din headunits

well... tomorrow im going to be ordering my tv/dvd/in-dash player. this is the one i want: Pioneer AV-SYS6500DVD

so first of all... is that a decent combo and tv?

but second of all... i plan on installing this myself, but what wiring harnesses do i need to install two headunits? and how do i do it? there is the DIY on k-series.com, but that doesnt show how to install two headunits. somebody please help me out.

bump... please guys... i need some help... out of 15 looks... nobody knows what to do?

my friend has it...its a good choice...im personally looking at the avic n1..it has navi and vehicle inputs on the monitor...about 1500 on ebay...thats my first choice...but definitely the 6500 is my second

Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
    bump... please guys... i need some help... out of 15 looks... nobody knows what to do?
    I'll bet that those 15 looks were wanting to see if you had done it or something.

If you had phrased your topic like a question, then people would either want to answer it, or they'd wait to see what answers came up.

Sorry that you had to be the one to hear it from me, but it's been on my mind lately, with a lot of postings here not being clear enough in the topic whether it's a question or not.

ANYWAY.. now that I got that off my chest...

Shouldn't the monitor already have an interface with that head unit?

I would assume so, and I'd install the receiver portion just like I would any aftermarket head. The monitor is just an accessory device, and would connect to the head unit on its own, just like how a CD changer is an accessory device.

I don't know if the monitor needs its own power & ground connection or if it just draws from the head.

Thread Information