Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by Jonny221
    i saw a time on a s/c i forgot what his name is but he got like 15.1 with the jrsc ? can the track be that bad ?
    Believe me, it can! I think a major problem is that they have no traction and the clutch even slips a bit. The launches are not great on all season radials with an open diff.

Originally posted by Jonny221
    i saw a time on a s/c i forgot what his name is but he got like 15.1 with the jrsc ? can the track be that bad ?
    It was 02silverSIHB however you forgot to mention that he was way over sealevel, corrected I believe he was in low/mid 14s

Originally posted by EnJaNir
    It was 02silverSIHB however you forgot to mention that he was way over sealevel, corrected I believe he was in low/mid 14s
    Hey it was me. I ran a 15.3 at 800 sealevel WITHOUT A SUPECHARGER.

With the supercharger in my new area at 2000 above sea level, I ran a 15.1. My trap was only 89 and 90...real shitty!

My traps when I ran the 15.3 without the supercharger was 89 and 90. I know my car is faster. I just need to try and make it back down to where I was at before, it's about 3 hours away though.

Also, black 02 Si, are you sure about running the 7~8lb pulley without more fuel management...i.e. hondata and bigger injectors. The 440cc injectors were at 75% when hondata had the 8.3lbs of boost on the base rsx.

So with only the stock injectors at 270cc and the 7-8lbs of boost you're using, that sounds dangerous to me. A/F meter's aren't exactly that accurate. Hope you don't blow the motor.

ephatch member
    ^^ you also have to consider the turbo is making more hp per lb of boost compared to our sc.. so our injectors at 7lbs on the 4" pulley are probably just at saturation point... i have a dyno day set for june 19th so we will see

Originally posted by spider883
    ^^ you also have to consider the turbo is making more hp per lb of boost compared to our sc.. so our injectors at 7lbs on the 4" pulley are probably just at saturation point... i have a dyno day set for june 19th so we will see
    Actually, it's not the hp as much as the air flow. A roots blower at 7 psi will be blowing less air into the same engine as a turbo, because the less efficient roots blower won't compress the air as much at the same boost pressure. But that is a good point! I never really thought about that. It's a shame JR didn't use a Lysholm blower. They are nearly as efficient as a good turbo. And they produce more low end torque.

i said i'm not sure about the injectors. i think i will be low 14's high 13's if i cant drop .6 with a charger there is a prob. hopefully it will be a little cooler at night on fri. we will see. i just put in colder plugs and i am slappin on the azenis for fri. :) wish me luck.
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

Atco Friday Night

Dave,

I am coming on Friday for sure.. Will not be racing the MINI because its still in break in period but want to see what you can do.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing your car.. now if only the weather will hold..

Craig

working progress
    congrats.... maybe ill show up at atco i wanna see u run this thing the right way, if anyone can show what jrsc can do its you

Originally posted by spider883
    this was on a jackson racing supercharger...not a turbo

here's the topic about the 440cc injectors with a k20a3 at 8.3lbs of boost
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=161196

This is a JRSC on the base rsx

[b]From Hondata:
    440 injectors are running at 75%, so there is room for another 10-20% more power up to about 260-270 hp.

More torque under 3000 than my JRSC Type S (I can give it more ignition advance due to the lower compression)

The two power curves are:
    Before: CAI, JR Header (which added about 10HP from stock) and CAI.
    After: Supercharger 4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
    [B]here's the topic about the 440cc injectors with a k20a3 at 8.3lbs of boost
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=161196

This is a JRSC on the base rsx

[b]From Hondata:
    440 injectors are running at 75%, so there is room for another 10-20% more power up to about 260-270 hp.

More torque under 3000 than my JRSC Type S (I can give it more ignition advance due to the lower compression)

The two power curves are:
    Before: CAI, JR Header (which added about 10HP from stock) and CAI.
    After: Supercharger 4

--= DReaMS oF JRSC =-- KingGreg86's Avatar
    id i got a jrsc, all i would need is the smaller pulley and belt to run higher boost? is there anything else needed? how expensive*?

Originally posted by KingGreg86
    id i got a jrsc, all i would need is the smaller pulley and belt to run higher boost? is there anything else needed? how expensive*?
    Injectors and tuning.
    89x4 + whatever dyno tuning costs. Assuming you already have a programmable ecu so you can ditch the damn powercard. I'd be careful with that 3.4", though. If you want that much boost, you should just turbo.

SF-SI-02
    I offered hondata my car for tuning the a3 with supercharger (I would pick up a SC from jackson on my way down), but I got an e-mail tonite saying that they have a boosted a3 (si) coming in this weekend for tuning. I hope the gains are as large as the base rsx, that will give me all the more reason to beat myself up for not having already bought a JRSC

Originally posted by SF-SI-02
    I offered hondata my car for tuning the a3 with supercharger (I would pick up a SC from jackson on my way down), but I got an e-mail tonite saying that they have a boosted a3 (si) coming in this weekend for tuning. I hope the gains are as large as the base rsx, that will give me all the more reason to beat myself up for not having already bought a JRSC
    That's great news. Gives me something to work off of since I don't have California weather or elevation ;) Sorry they didn't take your car though, I'm sure they would've given you kpro and the tuning free.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information