Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Originally posted by RMC22
    Interesting...
    Maybe I'll plan to get some before and after temps. One of my fears of running 8 psi is the fact that excessive heat is such a Honda killer. melsir is running more boost and doesn't notice a difference, and at stock boost a difference isn't noted. However, I don't think the temp gauge would move either way unless the value got out of hand; there's a threshold figured in there.
    But Mercedes and Jaguar use the same SC design, what do those cars use for cooling? Does MB use water?
    but myever also has hondata and bigger injectors...with out that combo and more boost, your temp will go up...well from the jrsc and won't run right imo....at least this is my prior experience with a jrsc.

FUCK you! I like 'em!! esmith13's Avatar
    Originally posted by Black 02 SI
    temp gauge stays right where it always has. the charger is so smooth it feels like its not there. idles like stock and everything. :)
    Temp guage dosen't move on my setup either.

However what you NOT seeing is that Oil Tempature is rising. It will rise more as more boost is added.

I'll be looking into an oil cooler kit in the near future, personally.

Overheating (not always WATER overheating) is he number 2 cause of engine failure under boost - just under A/F tuning problems.

Eric

Originally posted by esmith13
    Temp guage dosen't move on my setup either.

However what you NOT seeing is that Oil Tempature is rising. It will rise more as more boost is added.

I'll be looking into an oil cooler kit in the near future, personally.

Overheating (not always WATER overheating) is he number 2 cause of engine failure under boost - just under A/F tuning problems.

Eric
    yeah, JR makes an oil cooler, not sure, but I believe it's a universal kit
    edit, nevermind, I guess not anymore, just for miatas
    Last edited by 02SilverSiHB; 05-25-2004 at 03:03 PM.

9 outta 10 oil coller kits are universal. It's sorta a mini radiator for oil and you just tap an oil line for the in/out. Hardest part is finding room, preferably in a cool area and getting brackets to hold it in place.

Eric

9 outta 10 oil coller kits are universal. It's sorta a mini radiator for oil and you just tap an oil line for the in/out. Hardest part is finding room, preferably in a cool area and getting brackets to hold it in place.

Eric
    so it's a maybe..that it could work..here's another one, made by jr also, so it's probably universal also, unfortunetly we just don't know if it will fit properly...too bad I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket
    http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/MODAOICO/

They'll all "fit". It just comes down to bracketry and finding where u want to mount it. $460 is INSANE tho. Get a generic one that is 100% aluminum for like $150 and your only missing the bracket to mount it. ;)

Eric

They'll all "fit". It just comes down to bracketry and finding where u want to mount it. $460 is INSANE tho. Get a generic one that is 100% aluminum for like $150 and your only missing the bracket to mount it. ;)

Eric
    yeah, the price is nuts, but what about how the greddy talks about making sure the oil flows well...is that something to worry about with a generic one?

I would think all you NEED to worry about is if the piping inside diameter is at least as big as the flex hose inside diameter.

Or as in my case, the piping inside diameter is the same or bigger than my turbo's oil drain line inside diameter - since i would instal mine there where the oil is hottest - just exiting the turbine. ;)

Eric

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information