Close

Noisey groundcontrols

Im happy with the ride of my Groundcontrols, which really matters i suppose.....but they are so damn noisey. If I dont constantly spray them with WD-40 or some other type of lubricant they constantly squeek and twang on turns and bumps. Any of you other guys have that problem with your coilovers?

yes, so wd-40 works? i am hoping this goes away when i get some shocks. it happens in the front? yeah it can be embarrassing sometimes.

Still Around...
    Is it really that dramatic? I thought Eibach's had covers on their springs just for this problem. What setting do you have them at? I'm probably going to purchase these, but shocks aren't going to be in the works for another 2 months or so.

Originally posted by DynaSpeed
    Is it really that dramatic? I thought Eibach's had covers on their springs just for this problem. What setting do you have them at? I'm probably going to purchase these, but shocks aren't going to be in the works for another 2 months or so.
    yeah, it can be. i have mine towards the highest setting too. but my friend said that's how all coilovers are. he has a full coilover kit for his wrx and his is noisy, but i don't seem to hear it when i ride in his car. that's why i am hoping the shocks will reduce the noise. other than that i love the coilovers.

Still Around...
    The highest setting? Thats ~1.5", correct? So it gets even worse the farther down you go?

i actually don't know. i'm going to drop it somemore to see if this is the case.

ephatch member
    did u guys remember to grease up everything?... cuz this is a common coil over problem...
    one of my friends put grease on every rubber part that touches metal... basically went grease happy, but his never squeaked..... some of my other friends just straight up installed them and theirs squeak

doesn't really matter how high or low u set them at cuz all the rubbing parts are still rubbing

Originally posted by Sooky
    did u guys remember to grease up everything?... cuz this is a common coil over problem...
    one of my friends put grease on every rubber part that touches metal... basically went grease happy, but his never squeaked..... some of my other friends just straight up installed them and theirs squeak

doesn't really matter how high or low u set them at cuz all the rubbing parts are still rubbing
    doh. that might be the problem. i didn't grease the one i put in and i didn't tell the people who put the rest in to grease it. what kind of grease should i use? would i need to reapply often?

ephatch member
    i usually use lithium grease, plus it lasts long

You can also use graphite powder. It's not as messy as grease and won't pick up dirt.

better off w/sticking w/shocks and springs. although i've heard full coilovers are good,such as Neuspeed.

Thread Information