Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Kudanshita eki....brings back memories! NIHON NI IKITAIiiiiiii :(

I'm leaving on the 26th...

Try visiting Saitama, the Honda city. You'll find the Mugen Co. headquarters there.

Yokohama is a must...

ephatch member
    chooooo-seshiburi. demo, menawa ohchi Okinawa-desu. Blah. Hogan and Nihon slang roks! Gambatane!!

Originally posted by DownTheHatch
    Kudanshita eki....brings back memories! NIHON NI IKITAIiiiiiii :(
    Dude, there's nothing in Kudanshita! You must be really fiending for going to Japan. Want me to send you another JDM EP3 brochure? Heheh

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar
    send me one! i want a brochure 04 if you have one i love the seats!!! i wanna copy them and blow them up and make posters of them then post if all over town:p j/p but if you do have a 04 brochure send me on PM me so i can give you my address:D

Super Taikyu, Japan
    take lots of pix for us man. :D

Originally posted by Tragedy
    Dude, Roppongi is sleazy and run-down (except for Roppongi Hills), and it's full of dirty foreigners...including me! =P
    i definitely agree, but it's one of those places you have to go to. like hollywood, where the mann chinese theatre and the walk of fame is. it's freakin' scummy there, but when you're in LA, you just gotta stop by.

SOAP BAR!!

Damn have fun! hey you goin to the Cybernation thing tomorrow?

Hook a brother up with a JDM Book!03 ep3:D

I know this is late (hey, I only signed up a few days ago), but I'll give what I can:

Nightlife... Roppongi's clubs are okay, nothing special (unless you want to pick up the dirty girls and possibly get into fights with GIs). Personally, I like the nightlife in Shibuya (Sugar High and Harlem!). Load up on toys in Akihabara (the cooler gadgets are NOT in the foreigner friendly duty-free shops). Live the good life on Ginza (if you can afford it), and hob-knob with the wealthy in places there and Shinjuku. Oh, and the pop-culture is very evident in places like Ikebukro and Harajuku.

Outside of Tokyo, try and hit up an onsen not in Gunma (although they're not bad), but in Tochigi. Specifically, if you can, go to Nikko.

Also, about an hour outside of Tokyo (just west of Yokohama, actually) is Kamakura. Listen, I've been to Kyoto, Nara, Hirsohima, Osaka, and a host of other places, but to me, nothing is quite as pretty as Kamakura, built alongside a mountain lined with countless Buddha Jizo statues that are centuries old. A lot of historical sites here as well, and you can buy AUTHENTIC Japanese souvenirs (JDM? heh...). Nara comes close, though, for pure beauty. So does Miyajima Island (just outside of Hiroshima).

Eat in izakayas, get loaded on Japanese beer (so good, much better than crappy American and crappy Canadian beer), go to a Karaoke club at least once, etc etc. There's so much you can do. And don't worry about the Yakuza.... they won't bother you unless you ask for it. So, if you want to get a "special" massage, just don't do anything inappropriate, and you'll survive.

Hope you're having fun, and let us know how it was when you get back.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR Phil
    I know this is late (hey, I only signed up a few days ago), but I'll give what I can:

Nightlife... Roppongi's clubs are okay, nothing special (unless you want to pick up the dirty girls and possibly get into fights with GIs).
    Hey, we needed somewhere to go on leave...lol. Yeah, Roppongi is dirty, but it's also a collegegirl (Amijo) hang out.

Eat in izakayas, get loaded on Japanese beer (so good, much better than crappy American and crappy Canadian beer),[/QUOTE]

There are Izakayas on mainland? Sweet! Oki is the training ground for mainland baseball players. One time, after work (I also taught conversational English) a whole bunch of students and I went to a nearby Izakaya and got trashed with some mainland players. I use to go to them all the time. I love it! For those of you that don't know, Izakaya is like a TGIF but for Japanese culture. It's a fun chain with awesome food and drink (I'm partial to Orion beer...)

Check out Suzuka the f1 track, Honda owns the place, prob. much to see there. Mr. Spoon also sounds to be a pretty nice guy if you meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Hey, we needed somewhere to go on leave...lol. Yeah, Roppongi is dirty, but it's also a collegegirl (Amijo) hang out.

There are Izakayas on mainland? Sweet! Oki is the training ground for mainland baseball players. One time, after work (I also taught conversational English) a whole bunch of students and I went to a nearby Izakaya and got trashed with some mainland players. I use to go to them all the time. I love it! For those of you that don't know, Izakaya is like a TGIF but for Japanese culture. It's a fun chain with awesome food and drink (I'm partial to Orion beer...)
    LOL... fair enough. And college girls, yes... although I found plenty of them like the Shibuya district. But hey, to each his/her own. Just keep your more "aggressive" brothers in arms from getting upset at every little thing (this is no knock against American GIs.... my buddy in the military in Canada always told me stories about they would get into scraps in bars all the bloody time when going out)

And yeah, there are izakayas all over the mainland. I LOVE getting smashed and stuffed with great food at these places. Great way to meet some locals, too, since they tend to stare at white gaijin anyway. Orion beer? Never heard of that one, maybe it's an Oki thing? I really enjoyed the seasononal brews that Kirin and Sapporo would make... just about anything by these two that was ice cold, and I was happy :D

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR Phil
    LOL... fair enough. And college girls, yes... although I found plenty of them like the Shibuya district. But hey, to each his/her own. Just keep your more "aggressive" brothers in arms from getting upset at every little thing (this is no knock against American GIs.... my buddy in the military in Canada always told me stories about they would get into scraps in bars all the bloody time when going out)

And yeah, there are izakayas all over the mainland. I LOVE getting smashed and stuffed with great food at these places. Great way to meet some locals, too, since they tend to stare at white gaijin anyway. Orion beer? Never heard of that one, maybe it's an Oki thing? I really enjoyed the seasononal brews that Kirin and Sapporo would make... just about anything by these two that was ice cold, and I was happy :D

ahahah...lol. I'm out now, but I've been to mainland a few times when I lived in Oki. Yeah, Orion is is an Okinawan beer. Very sweet. I agree, the seasonal beers are awesome. I just don't like the strong taste. Canada has a military??? :D :smilem:

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Canada has a military??? :D :smilem:
    Duh! 1 gunship made from the industrial age, manned with 5 crew, all collecting their pension plans and hooked up to respirators, and 5 machine guns on board. Of course, these are replica machine guns and they only fire water, but still..... we could, y'know, fill them with bleach, 'cause that can really really hurt.... :'( :shockm: :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information