Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: my cf doors

Very Nice Love the Look of CF.. But one thing I remember you saying this is gonna be a show/performance car and not really driven that much.. I would call your insurance and get a show car policy on your car which is a set value policy.. If you have regular insruance covg the insruance will drop you if they find out youve done these things to the car and replaced the safety equip. yadda yadda ya know :)

I work at Geico in the CLaims dept and weve had to turn down so many people because of them doing mods to there car where its unsafe and not switching over..

The only bad thing to a show car policy is your only allowed to drive the car so many miles.. so its def not for a daily driven car!!

But good luck with everything and cant wait to see the pics!! :D

These are my confessions Zero Three Si's Avatar
    install the damn doors already....we wanna see the finished product.

Originally posted by Zero Three Si
    install the damn doors already....we wanna see the finished product.
    Bingo... they look good, seems kinda silly, but if a show car is your deal, then your on the right path!

Originally posted by 02USDMEP3
    it's so out of hand between these and the deck lid and all the other nonsensical parts that are just excessive and over done OR not done for the right reasons, christ, I'm really about to garage it for a few years until all this nonsense dies back down and it's just enthusiasts again. I don't want to have a huge internet message board fight about it or kick around street racing philosophy with anyone but I'm sure there are people who feel the same way, this sucks. PS: I'm in Collingswood, nice to see a fellow eper in the area with his head on straight.
    I agree with you, but my reasoning is different. I don't consider myself an enthusiast, I'm just a guy that likes his stock si. If you like to make your car perform better, that's awesome, and good for you, but I don't really understand paying a ton of money for parts that don't do anything.

I do want to see what the doors look like installed though.

burn rubber not your soul
    those are hella cool. watch out tough........

EH2 driver at heart!!! 2pointslowEP3's Avatar
    Originally posted by 02USDMEP3
    I'm in Collingswood, nice to see a fellow eper in the area with his head on straight.
    yeah man...hit me up sometime. we'll meet up...i'm sure you know i'm only like 10 minutes away from you.

Originally posted by 2pointslowEP3
    oh so you paid all that money to make your car look uglier...i get it!
    the guy starts the thread to show some parts he's proud of purchasing, not to get flamed. if you guys wanna discuss whether or not carbon fiber products have gone to far, maybe another thread should be started covering the topic. i think it's kinda rude discussing it on this thread.

nice purchase btw! can't wait to see them on the ride.

thanks ecsachs3.here are the links to some pics of the right side patial install. the oem doors weighed in at around 44lbs each.so i am saving about 40 lbs in weight.

Originally posted by 2pointslowEP3
    oh so you paid all that money to make your car look uglier...i get it!
    were all glad you have an opinion. but if your gonna be an ass about it keep it to yourself... a simple "i dont like em" will do!;)

-chris

Will you be doing some other modifications to really emphasize that they are CF doors so they don't just look like mismatched doors?

(Not intending to sound sarcastic. It's a serious question because from a distance you can't see the CF patterning)

well i have the mugen cf hood from ss and i will be recieving the fenders soon.my mirrors will be back later on next week.and now i am tring to get a cf kit made.hatch will come alittle later.but what exactly are you talking about doing?

I hadn't thought about specifics. Just something in the rear quarter panel/rear fender area.

the kit i am tring to get made out of cf is the 5axis kit.you know the one on the sparco si.i think that would help out since it has the fender flares.but no luck so far in my attempts.

There looking pretty damn good on there man! Done any more yet?

www.seibon.com told me they could make a buddy club 3 out of c/f for about 2500.00 or so. Too expensive for me but would be cool.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information