Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint question

Originally posted by pHatSI07
    what do you exactly need to paint car parts?
    For a hole car you need a lot of stuff. Biggest thing is a dust free down draft paint booth. You do not want any dust getting into the paint. Also some heat lamps to help warm the room for the paint to bake on.

When I do the wing I am going to close off a section in my shop and make sure it is hospital clean. Then at work I am going to pick up a good gravity feed gun and go from there. I will get a cheap gun for the primer. Some say that you should get a primer gun and a finsih gun seperate.

It will cost a lot for all the stuff. The only reason I am looking to paint a wing myself is because I have a Model A in the shop that I am redoing and I have the body all apart so I can paint is in small parts. Plus if I screw it up it will not be to bad because from the factory there were runs in the paint.

Originally posted by ep3si02
    heres a wing for a good price...buy it now for $99..i have the same wing..for the price its good when i bought mine it was 80 and for that price its you cant beat it..heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...904609090&rd=1
    Thanks for the link. Do not have the cash right now but I bookmarked the seller if I have the cash next month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information