Close

Viper's Warn Away doesn't work

I've got a Viper 690XV with the dual-stage sensor but I never get warn-away beeps, only full alarm. If you pound the car lightly, nothing happens and as you pound harder, it eventually sets off the alarm.

Anybody know what might be the problem?

I very rarely get the warning beep. In fact, my alarm very rarely goes off. I have the sensitivity set pretty low, but still enough that if you give it a good whack, it will go off. I've only heard it chirp at me a few times.

Maybe it has to do with the sensitivity level. I'll ask my friend who installed it, he'll know.

I thought it might be the sensitivity too, but I've tried adjusting it and still no warn-away chirps. Now I've got the sensitivity set pretty high, but at low, medium, or high, it doesn't seem to matter.

Could you ask your friend whether the green loop wire should be cut and connected to the green wire coming from the controller? Looking at the install manual, I don't think it should, but what do I know? Thanks.

Yeah, it's kinda late right now, but I'll ask him tomorrow.

Thanks, bro. It's not high-priority, just a mild annoyance.

Originally posted by skooba
    Yeah, it's kinda late right now, but I'll ask him tomorrow.
    im the friend.. :) no that green wire does not need to be connected together.. leave it looped like it is now. make sure you have the harness for the shock sensor pluged in correctly as it shows in the manual.. that green wire is for a second sensor like a prox sensor.. and does not need to be hooked up to anything.. adjusting the shock sensor and securing it tightly to the chassis of the car will give you best results..

Originally posted by Turbo_BumblBee
    im the friend.. :) no that green wire does not need to be connected together.. leave it looped like it is now. make sure you have the harness for the shock sensor pluged in correctly as it shows in the manual.. that green wire is for a second sensor like a prox sensor.. and does not need to be hooked up to anything.. adjusting the shock sensor and securing it tightly to the chassis of the car will give you best results..
    You are the MAN! The installer hooked up that green wire but I undid it and looped it exactly as you said. He also just had the shock sensor dangling in air. I double-sided taped it to the footwell wall. Now it works great! Thanks!

The guy that installed this did a terrible job. He used dozens of zip-ties to tie up all the wires to existing (factory) wiring. He broke three plastic interior trim pieces! This was from these guys:

Auto Tronics Car Stereo and Alarm
    2412 Clement Avenue
    Alameda, CA 94501

Never again.

Originally posted by bobdobbs
    You are the MAN!

Never again.
    Thanks bro...

zip ties arent really a big deal as they clean up the wires so they dont dangle...

chances are he was new or in a real rush.. you should always tie the shock sensor to something, i usually do that as a last step, so he might have forgotten..

glad to see its working correctly now

Originally posted by Turbo_BumblBee
    zip ties arent really a big deal as they clean up the wires so they dont dangle...
    The problem is this guy used WAY too many and zip tied to factory wires. I undid them all and zip-tied all the alarm wires together and then zip tied the bundle to chassis hardware, not OEM wires. It only took two zip ties to hold the whole thing out of the way. This guy just grabbed a handful of zip ties and started tieing things all over the place. It was a mess.

Thread Information