Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

Upper Strut Bar Types?

I've read about different front upper strut bar designs where there are those which are:

one solid peice connecting together only the struts
    one solid peice connecting the struts and firewall
    three peice connecting the struts

What are the differences? Dr. Design has said that the one connecting to the firewall is the best. So far, I've only found Carbing as the only company to make those but they don't have it available for EP3s? Are there any other companies that make them so that they connect to the firewall? What about the three peice, where the brackets are movable, how do they perform? I'm thinking that a movable bracket would have a negative affect to the cars handling.

I also have questions about the rear upper strut bar. So far, Spoon is the only one that I've found that mounts along the floor line. Are there others? And are they also a one peice, or three peice using brackets?

I just wanted some help while I'm looking too. I know there are a lot of questions, and I appreciate my fellow ephatcher's help. Thx!

Rear upper strut bar answers.

Spoon and Cusco rear upper strut bars are 3 pieces.
    Carbing is one piece but cost alot more than cusco or Spoon.

I personally have Cusco rear upper strut bar and it's excellent.

It's actually made for DC5 but it fits perfectly on our cars as well.

Strut Bars

The bars that connect the firewall and both struts are the best if rigidy is a concern. Although anything is better than nothing and even the bars that connect only the two struts are effective. I am not sure if a lower front bar is needed as the car essentially has one already.

ephatch member
    Is the Cusco Rear Upper Strut bar along the floor line? Is the Mugen one also along the floor line? From far away, the Cusco bar looks similar to the Spoon one.

Civicvtec1ps do you have any close up pics of your Cusco bar? I still want to be able to use the lining for the trunk after I install the bar. Thanks!

Originally posted by GCheung55
    Is the Mugen one also along the floor line?
    Mugen doesn't have rear upper strut bar for our cars.

With trunk carpet.

Re: Upper Strut Bar Types?

Dr. Design has said that the one connecting to the firewall is the best.
    is that front tower bar even out yet?

if your front strut bar doesnt connect to the firewall, get a fender brace... does almost the same...

ephatch member

Re: Re: Upper Strut Bar Types?

Originally posted by HARRY POTTER
    is that front tower bar even out yet?
    Dr. Design hasn't made one, not to my knowledge, but he did discuss suspension peices and their uses at one point in time in the Suspension forum. He mentioned that the best upper strut bar/brace would attach the struts along with the firewall.

So the lining goes right over the bar. There's a gap between the floor line and the bar correct? Spoon.. or Cusco.. I should make a poll or something. Comments on the spoon?

i have the spoon rear strut tower bar, and its sit just a smidge over the floor lining... similar to Js racing or that alex bar. but i could have sworn i saw an ep with the DR Designs FRONT strut bar connecting the firewall somewhere, just dont know exactly where?

For the front strut, I'll go with the Neuspeed (one piece), and for the rear, I'd go with CARBing (one piece), but very costy. If not CARBing, then Mr. Alex/Cusco.

Who shrunk the odyssey? K20A3Si's Avatar
    where is the best place to buy a front tower strut bar?...kind of a newbie question but im not a newbie..sorry

Originally posted by K20A3Si
    where is the best place to buy a front tower strut bar?...kind of a newbie question but im not a newbie..sorry
    depends which brand you're looking for.

ephatch member
    Where can I get the Carbing one? I only know of one place. We should get GB's for that!! I might get the lower tie bar from Carbing. It's fairly cheap, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's around 80 bucks for a rear low tie bar from Carbing.

ephatch member
    Get the comptech ti. Or any other solid one piece design bar. Don't get 3 piece design cause they don't do the job.

Where can I get the Carbing one? I only know of one place. We should get GB's for that!! I might get the lower tie bar from Carbing. It's fairly cheap, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's around 80 bucks for a rear low tie bar from Carbing.
    i think youre right about that price for the lower tie bar. i remember getting a quote similar thru passwordjdm.com.... give them a buzz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information