Close

Thread: ?s2000??

?s2000??

K the s2000 has a 2.0L the ep3 has a 2.0L... can parts be swaped has any one tryed yet?I think it might be worth looking into...

just a quick thought...I might be crazy...No I am crazy but still.

Blake

Re: ?s2000??

Originally posted by B4U
    K the s2000 has a 2.0L the ep3 has a 2.0L... can parts be swaped has any one tryed yet?I think it might be worth looking into...

just a quick thought...I might be crazy...No I am crazy but still.

Blake
    Completely different motors folk :D

only K series motor parts can be interchangeable

ephatch member
    Yes, im sure is possible, but its right up there with "an Enzo ferrari has 4 wheels, so does the EP, how bout a swap"

Originally posted by Stealth Wedgy
    Yes, im sure is possible, but its right up there with "an Enzo ferrari has 4 wheels, so does the EP, how bout a swap"
    ...smart ass:D :p

Ah I C

ephatch member
    Actually the K and the new F that is found in the S2000 are very similar. Transmissions are believed to bolt up to eachothers engines.

i know some1 who works at the honda dealer as a auto tech he says the F20(s2000) should bolt up to the k20s

yet no1 has done this yet.. its been talked about but no1 has tried it..

Just wondering why parts what about a hole engine can that be swaped into a EP? If the EP trans bolts up that takes out a lot of problems right there. The only problems I can see if the size of the block and the mounts.

one big thing is the s2k is RWD and the ep is fwd :)
    buy the f20 and see if you can put it in.. let us know :)

Originally posted by mhx
    one big thing is the s2k is RWD and the ep is fwd :)
    buy the f20 and see if you can put it in.. let us know :)
    If I had the cash I would. The RWD is not the problem if you can take are trans and mount it to the engine. That way you can mount the engine sideways. To do this you would need to make motor mounts to adjust to the new mounts. The thing is the block may be longer witch would not allow it to fit or you would need to make custom axels since the the driver side one would need to be shorter and the passanger side longer if the longer block did not fit. And you might need custom shift cables.

But then you might have the height problem. This also could be helped with motor mounts or a new oil pan that is not at low to the ground.

Speeking of a oil pan you might need to have one made for it to fit around the EP chasie.

These are all the basics that I could think off. This was some of the things that I read about when people did FWD to RWD conversions on older V8 engines. Luck for them they were dealing with the same block just diffrent mount points and suspentions.

I forgot what magazine I was reading, I think it was super street like 4 years ago, but these guys had a 92 maxima and took the engine out of a 92 300zx and mounted it in the maxima sideways. It had like 400 hp at the wheels and the swap was about 6-7K.

i know this is not a constructive comment, but..
    why not just buy an S2000 and save yourself the time and money of doing some kind of swap?

RWD Si?

If SVT can build a RWD Focus with Mustang parts, I am sure someone out there can rig up a RWD Si with the S2000 parts.
    Personally, I don't think you want the F20 in your car. The Si has really nice fat torque curve that helps it combat the porkiness of the EP3 body. From my test drive, the F20 is as lame as B16's that everyone touts. You have to wring those engines out to keep up with traffic from light to light. Yes, you get 240 HP out of F20, but at 9000-10,000 RPM. That is a lot of revving. Besides, HP is not everything, sometimes you have to look at torque, because ultimately torque is what you feel with your "pants dyno".

Thread Information