• Greddy turbo

12 17.39%
  • Jackson racing supercharger

17 24.64%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mountain bike god

Talking i have options for a grad present, please help out

My parents are pretty stoked about me finishing high school. Today we were walkin downtown and i said " damn it would be nice to have a sport bike" mom says, " well i you've finished high school i think you've earned it, what do those run?" me, "are you serious?" her, " yeah! ". So we talked about it and i have a few options. Tell me what you think. also a budget of about $6000 ie. a used bike. :D

Well, what do you like?

Edit: Wait, are you looking for motorcycle reccommendations, or other options?

Wow to many options, and you really should take some considerable time thinking all the way through on all options. But they all are good one way or another oh and congrats :)

just me and my ep.. justifiedSi's Avatar
    i'd have to say boost.. and your a lucky guy. congrats on graduation!

What the hell, I just got a car for graduation..oh well. Id go with the JRSC

When i say rev.....you say hardddd.......

Man... I wish my parents was like you. If they did, I'll work by butt off from grade school to college. Getting a phat present just from graduating? lucky....

I voted for greddy turbo. Just graduating grade school? hmm.....honestly, I would say save the money. Tell your parents to cough it up and you would want to save it when you need it. That'll make your parents EVEN MORE happy. They be like..... oh..... my boy is growing up. If I spent my money more wisely before, I wouldn't have to so stingy on things. Saving money for a house.

id get a used 240sx and drift it out... but thats not an option so i voted for greeeeeedddyyyy tuuuurrrboooo !!

id go for a CyberNation Turbo.... biggest hp gains. but thats me and what im gonna do w/ mine.

dont invest that money becuase what if the market goes under in those years? and or the economy? IMO having fun with your car or a sport bike shouldnt have a price, your still young so you have alot of time to save money. but as other people have said sport bikes a very dangerous.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsa1
    dont invest that money becuase what if the market goes under in those years? and or the economy? IMO having fun with your car or a sport bike shouldnt have a price, your still young so you have alot of time to save money. but as other people have said sport bikes a very dangerous.
    Even doing brief research will show you that this latest market and economic downturn is all part of the ebb and flow of modern economies. During the past few years, the stock market has taken a beating, but bonds and other more stable securites have yielded positive results. I lost my ass on my 401(k) during 2001 and 2002, but have gained quite a bit back this past couple of quarters. Stocks are always volitile, but in the long run, you always gain.

You can never lose when investing money unless you really invest poorly.
    Last edited by Jay H; 06-23-2004 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.25CrushBent
    ...mom says, " well i you've finished high school i think you've earned it, ...
    Jeezus, how difficult was high school? Sorry, man, but I'm that kind of person that thinks a necessary activity (such as high school) shouldn't need a reward. It's nothing "above and beyond" what anyone else achieves. It's like finishing potty training.

Yeah, yeah, I know, kids drop out of high school and you didn't, but come on, it's not difficult at all to complete. Certainly not $5000 worth of difficulty.

Buy the JRSC and put a down payment down on a bike. First bike? Get a used R6. Shopping for a new one? Get a 600RR. Wait til you have some experience then step it up to the 1000's!!! Oh yeah, congrats.

Mountain bike god
    Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi
    Jeezus, how difficult was high school? Sorry, man, but I'm that kind of person that thinks a necessary activity (such as high school) shouldn't need a reward. It's nothing "above and beyond" what anyone else achieves. It's like finishing potty training.

Yeah, yeah, I know, kids drop out of high school and you didn't, but come on, it's not difficult at all to complete. Certainly not $5000 worth of difficulty.

Guess what, I get a lil reward big deal. You'd be happy to if you were in the same situation.

ps. Dont be hattin :sadm:
    Last edited by 2.25CrushBent; 06-27-2004 at 02:15 PM.

Thread Information