• Rev hard turbo

26 37.68%
  • Greddy turbo

12 17.39%
  • Jackson racing supercharger

17 24.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H
    $6000 for a high school grad present????? Man, I'd invest that.

$6000 invested for 5 years at a 4% rate (conservative CD [Certificate of Deposit]) will net you $7,321.00 after 5 years.

$6000 invested for 5 years at a 12% rate (some stocks) will net you $10,836.66 after 5 years.

Thow that money into an IRA or something similar and forget about it for 25 years at 6% and you'll have $26,592.27 to play with.

Mods or a sport bike will net you a 50 to 100 percent loss on your $6000.

Just a thought...

Jay
    03 Si
    ooo i liek this idea! i 2nd this! 26 grand can buy you an EVO 8.. and if its 25 years later, you can buy an EVO 18!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H
    $6000 for a high school grad present????? Man, I'd invest that.

$6000 invested for 5 years at a 4% rate (conservative CD [Certificate of Deposit]) will net you $7,321.00 after 5 years.

$6000 invested for 5 years at a 12% rate (some stocks) will net you $10,836.66 after 5 years.

Thow that money into an IRA or something similar and forget about it for 25 years at 6% and you'll have $26,592.27 to play with.

Mods or a sport bike will net you a 50 to 100 percent loss on your $6000.

Just a thought...

Jay
    03 Si

Exactly ... I know it's not really a lot of fun, but it really makes the most sense when we are talking about walking into that much money. How long would it have taken you to save this much coin? Spend it as if you had done so ...

As a tradeoff, why not blow 6 bills on Hondata and invest the rest. You'll need the rest of that money later on ... trust me.

Graham - the boring old guy :)

id go for a CyberNation Turbo.... biggest hp gains. but thats me and what im gonna do w/ mine.

dont invest that money becuase what if the market goes under in those years? and or the economy? IMO having fun with your car or a sport bike shouldnt have a price, your still young so you have alot of time to save money. but as other people have said sport bikes a very dangerous.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by tsa1
    dont invest that money becuase what if the market goes under in those years? and or the economy? IMO having fun with your car or a sport bike shouldnt have a price, your still young so you have alot of time to save money. but as other people have said sport bikes a very dangerous.
    Even doing brief research will show you that this latest market and economic downturn is all part of the ebb and flow of modern economies. During the past few years, the stock market has taken a beating, but bonds and other more stable securites have yielded positive results. I lost my ass on my 401(k) during 2001 and 2002, but have gained quite a bit back this past couple of quarters. Stocks are always volitile, but in the long run, you always gain.

You can never lose when investing money unless you really invest poorly.
    Last edited by Jay H; 06-23-2004 at 05:02 AM.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by STP03BlueSI
    Damn...I got like 20bucks a pat on the back. :shockm:

LOL....I Voted Greddy turbo...Good Luck On Whatever U Get...

Mountain bike god
    thx for your input guys, my mom and dad aren't really givin me the money as much as they are buying me a gift. so investing isn't really anything i've thought about. but... check this out THIS BIKE yea it has a lil problem but looks like a decent deal

That bike is junk

Don't get a ducati. Plus that bike isn't even one of the good ones. that bike is one of ducati's budget bike. Stick to Japanese. I'd say get either a Honda or Yamaha. Plus maintainence on that bike will eat you up, and they're slow.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjtripp
    Don't get a ducati. Plus that bike isn't even one of the good ones. that bike is one of ducati's budget bike. Stick to Japanese. I'd say get either a Honda or Yamaha. Plus maintainence on that bike will eat you up, and they're slow.

I agree stay with a Japanese bike. :) U should look on ebay for a used R1 or somthing...

You ever driven a motorcycle before? If not, that's an awful lot of power to learn. I know California has a CHP sponsored motorcycle course ( http://www.ca-msp.org/ or 1-877-RIDE411). You should find out if your state has one, and I HIGHLY recommend taking it before buying a bike. When I was there, there were also some guys there that had been riding for years and still got a lot out of the class. I had a good time and got my motorcycle license. I don't have a bike, but it's still cool having a license to drive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grookes
    You ever driven a motorcycle before? If not, that's an awful lot of power to learn. I know California has a CHP sponsored motorcycle course ( http://www.ca-msp.org/ or 1-877-RIDE411). You should find out if your state has one, and I HIGHLY recommend taking it before buying a bike. When I was there, there were also some guys there that had been riding for years and still got a lot out of the class. I had a good time and got my motorcycle license. I don't have a bike, but it's still cool having a license to drive one.

Really good advice. I also took the class to get my license. I had already learned how to ride the bike, but the class still helped alot. This is the first step if you're serious about getting a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.25CrushBent
    ...mom says, " well i you've finished high school i think you've earned it, ...
    Jeezus, how difficult was high school? Sorry, man, but I'm that kind of person that thinks a necessary activity (such as high school) shouldn't need a reward. It's nothing "above and beyond" what anyone else achieves. It's like finishing potty training.

Yeah, yeah, I know, kids drop out of high school and you didn't, but come on, it's not difficult at all to complete. Certainly not $5000 worth of difficulty.

Buy the JRSC and put a down payment down on a bike. First bike? Get a used R6. Shopping for a new one? Get a 600RR. Wait til you have some experience then step it up to the 1000's!!! Oh yeah, congrats.

Mountain bike god
    Quote Originally Posted by BarracksSi
    Jeezus, how difficult was high school? Sorry, man, but I'm that kind of person that thinks a necessary activity (such as high school) shouldn't need a reward. It's nothing "above and beyond" what anyone else achieves. It's like finishing potty training.

Yeah, yeah, I know, kids drop out of high school and you didn't, but come on, it's not difficult at all to complete. Certainly not $5000 worth of difficulty.

Guess what, I get a lil reward big deal. You'd be happy to if you were in the same situation.

ps. Dont be hattin :sadm:
    Last edited by 2.25CrushBent; 06-27-2004 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STP03BlueSI
    Damn...I got like 20bucks a pat on the back. :shockm:
    LMAO, damn thats fuc*ed up, well all i got was a

dad: "so when r u leaving to boot camp"

yea man, i mean i aint hating on u or nothin but i mean its high school how many high school grads u know get all that for just graduating?, but like u said if i was gettin all that loot for just graduating i woulda been happy 2.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information