Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I can say that the gasket is a great item. It also helps during cooldown periods or when at idle. Intake has less heat to disipate so the manifold remains cooler.
    Intake, TB and heatshield results.

I don't sell the gasket...and is why I don't post in the "Vendors Forum" :(

I would go to Hondata or in "Vendors Forum" if you want a heatsheild.

Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 12-23-2002 at 03:35 PM.

I installed a heatshield gasket and measured the external temperature of the intake before and after.

Before installation, after a 20 minute run in light traffic averaging 45mph, with ambient temperatures 33 degrees F., external intake temps on the runners were 145 degrees, and 151 degrees on the plenum.

After installation, a 20 minute drive over the same route, with ambient temps of 68 degrees resulted in intake runner temps of 79 degrees, and plenum temp of 81 degrees.

However, after another run, then letting the car stand for 15 minutes turned off, the intake runner temps jumped to 131 degrees, with plenum temp of 139 degrees. In other words, it's still possible to heat soak the intake. The bottom line is if you're going to race, open your hood to avoid heat soak. Stay tuned for dyno results.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar

Thumbs up

I just wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU soooo much fom Anj (anjapower) and myself. Thanks to you, we just did the install on both of our EP's and it went great.

Thanks again!!!

:D
    Mel

hondata heatshield...

How was the car's performance after the install?

:m:

The heatshield is a nice addition to reducing the heat transition between the head and IM. There are gains and don't have dyno numbers to support it, however putting your hands on the IM before and after the install will make a believer out of you. After having this on my ride for over 30kms and an A2 head swap it is durable and effective.;)

A few guys were recently looking for a thread about this install, well it's been here all along. If you want to the see the pics and they help alot, right click on the red x's and under properties copy the address:(URL) into a new browser.;)

cool thanks for the hint to unlock the pictures.

Just did the install. I had trouble getting the IM off and figured I'd come here and search. Low and behold, I found this thread. I'm glad you posted the info about the studs - my neighbor (a toyota mechanic LOL) and I were stunned on how to get it off till you said - remove the studs LOL. Thanks again, much appreciated..Car is still not finished, because I was also installing my Mugen thermo, fan switch and radiator cap - along with water wetter when I replace all the lost fluid...Glad I decided to get the gasket when I ordered the mugen stuff...Easier to get to thermostat housing that way ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information