Close

Involuntary Hibernation

N20 during turbo spool up?

Does anyone have any experience using nitrous during turbo spool up?
    I wasn't sure you could use nitrous at lower rpms but I guess small amounts could be a crutch...not sure....any info?

i dunno if youd find someone with that setup on this board, but the big time drag racers use a similar setup. with huge turbo(s) they need to get the car moving so the turbines will spool up, so i think they use a stage process. the car will run N20 and then dial it out once the boost has built up.

im thinking you could find more info on this type of setup elsewhere, mebe a Supra forum? ive read about some huge single tubro monsters that use N20.

Involuntary Hibernation
    Thanx for the input man, I'll see what I can find. Sounds like something a little out of the range of necessity or advantage for the Si's little (relatively speaking) motor.

I've heard of setups that inject nitrous at lower rpms using a window switch. You might want to look into that or spray nitrous on the turbo intercooler.

I know someone sells an actual kit for this application. I can't remember the company but I know it is a Large one. I think it might be edelbrock.

A much better idea that I've seen done on many cars, is to inject nitrous near the turbine to help it spool up faster. You point the n2o nozzle at the turbine fins. It's sending in cold air to help cool the turbo and oil, plus at 1000+ psi to the turbine fins it really does help spin the turbine quicker off the line :D

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT View Post
    A much better idea that I've seen done on many cars, is to inject nitrous near the turbine to help it spool up faster. You point the n2o nozzle at the turbine fins. It's sending in cold air to help cool the turbo and oil, plus at 1000+ psi to the turbine fins it really does help spin the turbine quicker off the line :D
    for us spinning the turbine quicker off the line is a bad idea. no traction ftl!

Thread Information