Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Instead of going to the dealer do you know how fast you were going at the time. I know there is a way to figure out your RPM's by MPH and gear ratio.

Just wondering how long does the freeze data stay in the car and is there anyway to clean it out?

patiently waiting... SLOazzEPhatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by siver-SI
    Just wondering how long does the freeze data stay in the car and is there anyway to clean it out?

good question

I figured i was at about the 9500rpm range :angelm: :crym: :shockm:

Well, on the road track I was redlining 3rd and went into 2nd and layed into it and spun to 10k and on the 2nd time I spun it to 12.5k. It just depends on how long you layed into it.

If you racing someone at the time you would probably lay into it more than if you were just running thru the gears cause of the state of mind your in.

Freeze data stays on your computer forever until Honda or someone with a scan tool can erase your info. Pulling the battery will not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisITR
    Well, on the road track I was redlining 3rd and went into 2nd and layed into it and spun to 10k and on the 2nd time I spun it to 12.5k. It just depends on how long you layed into it.

If you racing someone at the time you would probably lay into it more than if you were just running thru the gears cause of the state of mind your in.

Freeze data stays on your computer forever until Honda or someone with a scan tool can erase your info. Pulling the battery will not do it.
    Did honda erase your freeze data when they checked teh 12,500, or is it still in the ecu I'm using? :)

I was told they erased the codes.

doesnt alex ahve a scan tool? anyone in DFW got one at least?

Quote Originally Posted by TrippZ
    doesnt alex ahve a scan tool? anyone in DFW got one at least?
    Haha, I saw your car at Lute Riley today!!

what happened to your car?

ahaha yup! you shoulda left me an ote on my car that said sexual things.

i busted the fuck out of the transmission so im getting new synchros, rear wiper replacement (even tho im shaving it ), and seat cover replacement.

w00t.

well turns out now that im getting a new clutch too so itll be ther for a few more days! god damnit

well my friend did that too in his ITR on the freeway. he was at redline in 3rd and went to 2nd and rpm's flew 12+k RPM :'( ... well here is the damage that he did lol.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=906263

Quote Originally Posted by choNy
    well my friend did that too in his ITR on the freeway. he was at redline in 3rd and went to 2nd and rpm's flew 12+k RPM :'( ... well here is the damage that he did lol.

:'( :'( :'(

Quote Originally Posted by choNy

don't scare me like that. haha. mine is still running though, and i am betting his wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TrippZ
    doesnt alex ahve a scan tool?
    I wish.

damn where have i been at for this thread!!

well same sh*t happened to me i was doing stupid sh*t, with a 92 civic hatch on the I-5 going to LA, well i was in 5th gear and then i dunno how but i dropped it into 2nd gear :'( . well i looked in the rearview all i saw was black smoke and my engine light came on so im like "fu*k it ima take it to the dealership 2morrow" well it never made it to LA, I was stuck in Anaheim called the tow truck which had to be a flatbed cause my car was to dropped. so i take it to dealership next day and this is how conversation went.

Me: my car is fuc*ed up and i dunno whats wrong :) (trying to look clueless.)
    Honda Manager: were u racing it?????
    Me: (shocked look) no
    Honda Manager: well we can tell if u were racing so its better u tell us now.
    Me: (debating if i should tell him) nah man i wasnt racing

Well he called me like 3 days later and said i had a blown head gasket whateva that meant. and i was like how much is it gonna cost. so he was like well we are still looking to see if it was customer abuse. so then i laid the im not trying to be a prick and rush him, but i was going to iraq in like a week which i really was , and i needed to know what to do with the car. so he called me next day and was like. "jose warranty covers it" i was like yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because the night b4 my a$$ couldnt sleep thinking about my ride. well they fixed it didtnt cost me nothin. so it ended being cool for me. moral of the story for me was to stop messing around on the street or anywhere i put to much money in my car to let it get messed up over some simple sh*t. sorry for the long a$$ story but his thread brought back memories , whateva happens i hope everything works out fine for u.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information