Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    remote cousin of ae86 tony speed's Avatar
    i've done similar before, the key is to listen to the sound of your engine when you shift and watch that limit...that way you can go into neutral before anything breaks...

patiently waiting... SLOazzEPhatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbolo
    damn where have i been at for this thread!!

well same sh*t happened to me i was doing stupid sh*t, with a 92 civic hatch on the I-5 going to LA, well i was in 5th gear and then i dunno how but i dropped it into 2nd gear :'( . well i looked in the rearview all i saw was black smoke and my engine light came on so im like "fu*k it ima take it to the dealership 2morrow" well it never made it to LA, I was stuck in Anaheim called the tow truck which had to be a flatbed cause my car was to dropped. so i take it to dealership next day and this is how conversation went.

Me: my car is fuc*ed up and i dunno whats wrong :) (trying to look clueless.)
    Honda Manager: were u racing it?????
    Me: (shocked look) no
    Honda Manager: well we can tell if u were racing so its better u tell us now.
    Me: (debating if i should tell him) nah man i wasnt racing

Well he called me like 3 days later and said i had a blown head gasket whateva that meant. and i was like how much is it gonna cost. so he was like well we are still looking to see if it was customer abuse. so then i laid the im not trying to be a prick and rush him, but i was going to iraq in like a week which i really was , and i needed to know what to do with the car. so he called me next day and was like. "jose warranty covers it" i was like yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because the night b4 my a$$ couldnt sleep thinking about my ride. well they fixed it didtnt cost me nothin. so it ended being cool for me. moral of the story for me was to stop messing around on the street or anywhere i put to much money in my car to let it get messed up over some simple sh*t. sorry for the long a$$ story but his thread brought back memories , whateva happens i hope everything works out fine for u.
    well whatever happens i am going to go get the damn Honda care warranty in my name and take it to the dealer. I wanna see at least what i pegged it at.

soon 2 be Civic Si Type-S freidaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisITR
    Go to HONDA right away and have them check your freeze data. You probably hit at least 12k when you did that. If you did have them do a leak down test and compression test and check the valve retainers at the same time. Trust me thats what I did and thats what led to my motor blowing later.

Its gonna cost some money to have them check it out but do it!!!! NO JOKE!!
    yea listen to NemesisITR, we both know about blown motors. One quick ?, is your car making a fast ticking sound? Mine did when I dropped 3rd into 2nd, if so go to the dealership and get it fixed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information