Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mhx
    btw i went to a honda a while back and asked the price for stock plugs they told me 22/plug.. i told em to take a walk
    IK22 are colder than IK16
    Higher the number colder it is

damn you whore stop it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 02SilverSiHB
    I'm using NGK one step cooler plugs...part number R5671A-8

As for difference in power, I noticed that the top end seems more alive...the bottom end is just the same. I think maybe the top end was kind of dieing before because of the leaning condition.
    Other than that, not much of a big difference, just better gas mileage :D

What's the difference between ngk's racing plugs and iridium

Hi Ryan

Thank you for visiting Club Plug.

Unfortunately, we do not carry that particular plug.

Thank you again.
    Frank Vessella
    Club Plug
    Your Source for NGK, BOSCH & DENSO Products!
    U.S.A. Homepage: http://www.clubplug.net
    Canadian Homepage: http://www.clubplug.ca
    email: info@clubplug.net

sigh.. they dont got it

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnhDy
    What's the difference between ngk's racing plugs and iridium
    Iridium is a precious metal that is 6 times harder and 8 times stronger than platinum, it has a 1,200(=F) higher melting point than platinum and conducts electricity better. This makes it possible to create the finest wire center electrode ever. Prior till now, platinum had been favored for long life or performance spark plugs due to its high melting point, also the technology did not exist to machine and bond iridium on a spark plug electrode(at least in a cost effective manner). Iridium industrial spark plugs have been around for years, but still sells for over a hundred dollars per plug. Just now is the technology available to effectively use iridium in a spark plug for automotive applications. The strength, hardness and high melting point of iridium allows NGK to manufacture there iridium ultra-fine wire center electrode to 0.7mm. One of the finest firing points in the industry! (Thus far there has been no problems reported regarding use of iridium plugs with nitrous oxide.)

(racing plugs) part# R5671A-8, these prob arent the plugs he should use..
    V-Power spark plugs are a patented design by NGK to improve ignitability and reduce quenching. Ignitability is improved by the V-groove cut in the center electrode parallel to the ground electrode, this directs the spark to to the edge of the center electrode thus exposing it to more of the air/fuel mixture. Quenching is reduced in much the same manner, drawing the spark to the edge of the center and ground electrodes reduces the surface area available to quench the spark.

We should stick with Iridium plugs.. just use 1 step colder ones.. those racing plugs dont look like they are good for boost. I would check your plugs again in a few days.. just fyi

ephatch member
    last week on the dyno i was running rich

its so much more humid in texas

denso ik22 are the ones i'm runnin. they are very costly. they are one step colder than stock. i average about 25 mpg city beatin on it and about 30 all highway with cruise control on.
    1993 Honda CIVIC SI weekend tire shredder
    1997 Honda CIVIC EX dd status
    2005 Honda ELEMENT AWD EX wifey's
    2003 Honda VTR1000 need for speed
    2007 Honda 400EX/2009 kawi KFX450r off road fun

Quote Originally Posted by Black 02 SI
    denso ik22 are the ones i'm runnin. they are very costly. they are one step colder than stock. i average about 25 mpg city beatin on it and about 30 all highway with cruise control on.

only 11.20 each from www.clubplug.net thats not too bad

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...58#post3036658

my plugs look like yours and everyone thinks they're fine

ummm, no, yours look way better...

Mine......

Your's

as you can see, your plugs are not near as white as mine...either that, or your flash was on and I can't see that they are as white...yours are fine imo

Quote Originally Posted by 02SilverSiHB
    ummm, no, yours look way better...

Mine......

Your's

as you can see, your plugs are not near as white as mine...either that, or your flash was on and I can't see that they are as white...yours are fine imo
    those plugs are fine.. you look like your running good

hey guys i installed my jrsc and hitting 7lbs. which is weird to me considering the kit is suppose to hit 5, anyway i noticed that whenever i go past 5 lbs. my check engine light comes on and the pcm reads it as a misfire in cylinder one. Im wondering if i had maybe a bad coil pack.....didnt know what you guys thought

Quote Originally Posted by K20NutBucket
    hey guys i installed my jrsc and hitting 7lbs. which is weird to me considering the kit is suppose to hit 5, anyway i noticed that whenever i go past 5 lbs. my check engine light comes on and the pcm reads it as a misfire in cylinder one. Im wondering if i had maybe a bad coil pack.....didnt know what you guys thought
    check your plugs asap.
    are you running 91+ octane?
    is the light on your power cord on? indicating there is no problems?

your gay mike that the problem lol j/k man. i got so many little cuts on my hands from installing that bitch. To everyone reading this yes the hondata heatshield gasket fit perfectly with a jackson racing sc. monday let me hook up the tablet and check the a/f ratio when your driving if the coil pack doesnt work.

strange, a few member get 7lbs on the stock pulley, I noticed once in a great while I would get 6lbs....maybe just 7 at 6800rpm, but then I had to shift....but that was rarely.

As for check engine light...ouch...I'm not sure what's up, but yeah, check the plugs and what gas are you running?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information