Close

Unhappy Neuspeed exhaust problem

I just installed a Neuspeed exhaust on my '03 EP3. When I downshift the center pipe bangs against the floor rail about 10" from the catalytic converter. Also when I first crank the starter it taps once against the floor. I've sent an email to Neuspeed with no reply. Has anyone else had this problem with Neuspeed or any other bolt-on cat-back system?
    Last edited by MattB; 07-17-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    I just installed a Neuspeed exhaust on my '03 EP3. When I downshift the center pipe bangs against the floor rail about 10" from the catalytic converter. Also when I first crank the starter it taps once against the floor. I've sent an email to Neuspeed with no reply. Has anyone else had this problem with Neuspeed or any other bolt-on cat-back system?
    I had the same problem with my Neuspeed exhaust too. I took it apart and put it back together about 5-6 times and it still bangs against the floor rail!
    I was so i took it to the muffler shop and they heated up the Exhaust pipe and kinda pull down the exhaust to hang a little lower so it doen't bang against floor rail. After that no more banging nothing! :D They also told me that this is the BEST looking cat-back exhaust they have ever seen!LOL!
    Just take it to the muffler shop if it keeps on BANGING! No more than $70 to do the job.Hope this help.

wow, no offense guys, but that's some shoddy engineering work on Neuspeed's part. maybe they should stick to suspension products. hope things work out for you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious G
    wow, no offense guys, but that's some shoddy engineering work on Neuspeed's part. maybe they should stick to suspension products. hope things work out for you. :)
    Not at all! I feel the same way too. But after it was fixed it souds so...SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious G

Absolutely, considering the price tag, I shouldn't have to modify it. I spent the money to get a well made product. I didn't in this case, but I'm willing to give them a second chance to correct this problem. That is, if they'll reply to my inquiries.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-VTEC
    Not at all! I feel the same way too. But after it was fixed it souds so...SWEET!
    Wow, I've had mine on for some time now. 0 noises.....no clinks, clanks or clatter...
    Mel

Couldn't you wrap it with that header-wrap stuff so maybe it will cushion it a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait.
    Couldn't you wrap it with that header-wrap stuff so maybe it will cushion it a bit?

Unfortunately this won't help. It's more of a thump than a tap and with only about 1/8" clearance, wrapping it will likely close the gap.

Perhaps some new rubber hangers (lower)? Or heat up the metal hangers with a torch and bend them a bit?
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy
    Perhaps some new rubber hangers (lower)? Or heat up the metal hangers with a torch and bend them a bit?

My center pipe was made improperly. I don't believe that there is a quick fix. I think that Neuspeed will have to replace my center pipe, or pay for a competent TIG welder to modify mine.

BTW, Does anyone have another email address to Neuspeed besides info@neuspeed.com?

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy
    Wow, I've had mine on for some time now. 0 noises.....no clinks, clanks or clatter...
    Can you photo your center pipe for me? Mainly where it makes the first turn from the cat under the right frame rail.

I will see what I can do when I change the oil this weekend....... :)
    Mel

Thread Information