Close

DIY: Removal of Stock AirBox

This DIY is pretty easy done, but I thought, might as well make one for those who don't know where to start. You can skip STEP 1 & 5 if you're not installing an aftermarket intake.

Inside the red circles are bolts/screws/tubes that are needed to be removed. Once you're under the hood, everything will appear more clear.

PM me if you have any questions.

STEP 1: Remove the 2 silver bolt that holds onto the intake manifold cover

STEP 2: Remove the 4 bolts/screw that are circled in red. Use a rachet instead of a screwdriver, it'll be alot easier.

STEP 3: Contiune to remove the bolts circled in red.

STEP 4: Loosen the 2 bolts that hold the reserviours. LOOSEN, but do not remove. Doing so, the lower portion of the airbox will slide out much easier.

STEP 5: The top left and middle circled red area is tubings that need to be slided out. To remove the tubes easier, spray alittle WB40 at the ends of the tube. Use a flat head screwdriver and push the tubes out. Plug/unscrew/unbolt the rest of the circled red areas.

hey can you send me pictures of this to dkolendo@gmail.com. the pictures arent showing up. cause im have trouble taking out my sensor on the stock intake. i would really appreciate it. thanks alot :)

Quote Originally Posted by EP3_Kolendo View Post
    hey can you send me pictures of this to dkolendo@gmail.com. the pictures arent showing up. cause im have trouble taking out my sensor on the stock intake. i would really appreciate it. thanks alot :)
    the pics are long gone. I believe it was lost along with the first server crash years ago.

Thread Information