Close

6 1/2" subs in the rear OEM speaker location?

I am trying to figure out a way just to get a little more bass to my car. I do not need a lot just a little bit more with my Kenwood HU and Infinity speekers. When I was at the meet this weekend one EP'er sugested to put the JL 6 1/2 in subs in the back. It does not sould like a bad idea but I can not figure out how to enclose it back there. I am leaning for buying a basslink but new ideas keep on coming.

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    you could probably build a fiberglass enclosure inside the opening, but those 6.5's probably wont give u the thump you need. ive been toying around with the idea of placing an 8" sub in the center console under the shifter in the cup holder area. tell me how it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by davidc81
    you could probably build a fiberglass enclosure inside the opening, but those 6.5's probably wont give u the thump you need. ive been toying around with the idea of placing an 8" sub in the center console under the shifter in the cup holder area. tell me how it works out for you.
    I would not have even though a 8" would fit in there. I have never used fiberglass so I do not know if I want to try that. Plus I do not think it would give the subs enough air now that I am looking into it.

those subs only need at most something like .3 cu ft air space, so the space back there should be big enough for an enclosure. the 8" sub would stick out a bit, but i think it would look cool there!

i hear that a company called 'brahma' makes subs as small as 4"... and that they hit harder than my alpine type r.... thats what he said at the show

Quote Originally Posted by Kis4KEN
    i hear that a company called 'brahma' makes subs as small as 4"... and that they hit harder than my alpine type r.... thats what he said at the show
    the name of the company is actually adire audio. the brahma is their top woofers, it needs a HUGE box, but boy, does it slam!

audiobahn

you could put audiobahn 61/2 woofers in the rear mounting locations
    not coaxials ,but woofers

Thread Information