Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pimpn 1 day @ a time civic si hb's Avatar

Unhappy a very, very bad day, good by ep3 :(

So i requested this saturday off to go to Mel's big meet and keep in mind this was the first saturday off i've had in over a year so this was a big deal for me. i left my house at 9am to meet up with Anj and some other ephatchers for the trip. i was at a red light and a semi truck with a 52 bed was in front of me, no big deal, then behind me comes another semi that's not looking infront of him and he's comming at me wicked quick. i wait till the last second and have to make a choice to hop over this huge curb or get killed between 2 semi's. i took the curb option so up i went over the curb and good god did it hurt, i couldn't almost here my poor ep3 say ouch. the 2 semi took off like nothing happend and i was left in a parking lot checking out the damage. my custom midpipe was pretty damn beat up and the car was running like shit. i took the car to the honda dealership where i found out i badly messed up my front and rear suspension and it was going to cost at least $3500.00 to replace the parts if not more. so i put the stock midpipe back on and i did it........... i drove it to my local subaru dealer and bought a black 02 wrx with 8000 miles on it. they paid off my ep3 which was $13500 and i paid $16900 for the WRX. the funny thing was the dealership never tested my ep3 out at all, so they have no idea about the damage. i'm on this site all the time and i must have my daily ep hatch crack addiction or i wouldn't know what to do with myself. i've made so many friends with this site and this car(ep3) that i could never give this site up for anyone. it was so hard saying good my to my ep3, it was like saying goodbuy to your first true love. well guys that's my lucky story and take care all of you and god bless.

p.s. if you guys don't mind i'd like to keep my
    screen name in rememberance of my ep3.

Rob
    Last edited by civic si hb; 06-27-2004 at 09:31 PM.

Aside from dying, I dont think it gets any worse! Sorry.

damn sorry to hear about your ep but good luck with the rex

good to hear your alright tho
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

good shit that you're alright.

wow, that's weird that the dealership didnt test our your car. whoever took it in is gonna get a spanking.

Well at least your alright. Good luck with the wrx and have fun with it!

all this happened in one day?

Quote Originally Posted by TrippZ
    all this happened in one day?
    lol.

Anyway, sorry about your bad Saturday. Hope all goes well with your WRX.

you shoulda let the semi damage you and the car and than sue the pants off the company. thats like...10 type-r's there
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

holy shit man.. thats why i would never by a used car.. damn.. when i traded my 00si in for my ep3 it was soo banged up.. the motor had bearley any compression and they never found ot till i walked away in my ep.. damn man have fun with the wrx

wow sorry to hear that man

wow, anj had told us about you at the meet, sorry to hear about ur car man, atleast you werent hurt tho, not a bad deal tho on the wrx, i test drove one the day i bought my ep3, the wrx was a lil to much for me at the time. but the next meet we have u should still come down.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I had heard the story from anj when i met up with him. Do u think u misjudged the semi coming from behind that it was going to hit you? Because wouldn't it have hit the other semi as well? O well, at least you walked away with no injuries to yourself, but with a wrx :tongue: as well.

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Wow, sucks Rob :(

Glad to hear you're ok though.

You went to the Dark side of forced industion...lol

The only question I have is why didn't you get the 2 semi's plates and info as well as any on-lookers? If you have witness' to that type of accident you can be deemed 0% at fault even though they never hit you. It happened to my brother ~ 8 years ago where he had to either:

A. Die a horrible firey automobile death
    B. Swerve over a curb and wreck the car.

Obviously, he chose B but he was still covered without gaining any points on his license.

All that after investing Tim and yourself investing 8 hours of MM install time.... :(

Either way, best of luck... ;)
    Mel

Sorry to hear about your EP. Enjoy the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by pLopSI
    Sorry to hear about what happened. I had heard the story from anj when i met up with him. Do u think u misjudged the semi coming from behind that it was going to hit you? Because wouldn't it have hit the other semi as well? O well, at least you walked away with no injuries to yourself, but with a wrx :tongue: as well.

i waited till about 25 feet and then made the decision that he probably wasn't going to see me, but before that i was blowing my horn also. the truck that was behind me swirved into the left lane and blew a redlight and then kept going. once i went over the curb the other light turned green and the truck that was in front of me also took off.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy-boogy
    Wow, sucks Rob :(

Glad to hear you're ok though.

You went to the Dark side of forced industion...lol

The only question I have is why didn't you get the 2 semi's plates and info as well as any on-lookers? If you have witness' to that type of accident you can be deemed 0% at fault even though they never hit you. It happened to my brother ~ 8 years ago where he had to either:

A. Die a horrible firey automobile death
    B. Swerve over a curb and wreck the car.

Obviously, he chose B but he was still covered without gaining any points on his license.

All that after investing Tim and yourself investing 8 hours of MM install time.... :(

Either way, best of luck... ;)
    Hey Mel, the meet sure looked great, i'll be down for the next one if you don't mind a subaru attending. about 3 years ago i avoided a car that was comming off the highway ramp and blew threw a stop sign. my car ended up in the front lawn of some guys house in Mass and when the police showed up they said since there was no contact in the accident it was classified a no fault accident. he also said i should of let him hit my car and then it would of been his fault, but at the time i had my new born son in the car and if i didn't swirve out of the way he would of hit my son's door dead on. oh yeah Mel it happend so fast ny the time i got out of the car the lights turned green and i was to interested in my poor ep3 to see what damage i had and didn't get the plates .

thanks for all the support guys i really appreciate it, that's why ephatch is the best damn website out there. :)
    Last edited by civic si hb; 06-28-2004 at 06:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information