Close

Best Fitting 6.5 front component set up

I want to install a drop in set of 6.5 components for the front doors,without any modification to make them fit..I was looking at the JBL GTO 606C or Polk DB6500..According to crutchfield they fit? Any insights? Thanks

mmm.. homer simpson lips davidc81's Avatar
    do a search on here for front door speakers. 6.5" wont fit without cutting or spacers, 5.25" will drop in perfectly though.

check out my instal Here

I have infinity component reference 6 1/2 up front and I did not have to do any cutting. I just had to get I think it was a 1.5 inch riser and that fixed that problem.

According to Crutchfield I can use the JBL GTO606C 6.5 components..I will be running components in the front and the back powered by a rockford fosgate punch 75x4 channel amp, and Alpine 7998 HU..not sure on bass yet though

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe
    According to Crutchfield I can use the JBL GTO606C 6.5 components..I will be running components in the front and the back powered by a rockford fosgate punch 75x4 channel amp, and Alpine 7998 HU..not sure on bass yet though
    I have 6.5 Alpine Type Rs and cruthcfield said they fit... they didnt though... had to cut about a 1/2 inch all around... not back though... love them f**kers

For the type R's... you just had to make the hole bigger??? No spacers needed??? I'm thinking about buying them in the very near future??

I installed infinity perfects in the front. I had to cut the door out a little for the magnets to fit. Another thing to think about is the window. When I first installed them the window was hitting the magnet when I lowered all the way. To fix that I got some half inch foam insulating tape and ran along the rim of the speaker. Doing that spaced the speaker out just enough to clear the window mechanism. The foam also makes for a nice seal around the speaker.

I have JBL GTO606C in my fronts and It fits perfectly and sounds great too.

I installed Infinity Kappa Perfects in the front, They Clear the Window rail by half an inch, The door hole will need to be modified for any 6.5 applications as it is not perfectly round. Easy as he77 with a dremel.

My alpine 6.5 type r's were a pain in the ass and took spacers, if i had to do it again i would go with a 5 1/4

Thread Information