Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking How to: take off the i-vtec Sticker on the car

Hey guys, I don't know if this is a repost of this thread but i am wondering how to take off that damn sticker "i-vtec". I don't know the proper way to take it off without damaging the painting. So if you guys can help me out here, it would be great :D

Quote Originally Posted by Junjai
    Hey guys, I don't know if this is a repost of this thread but i am wondering how to take off that damn sticker "i-vtec". I don't know the proper way to take it off without damaging the painting. So if you guys can help me out here, it would be great :D
    It is easy.

What you need.

Hair dryer
    Goo Gone

Just clean off the area around the decal. Then take a hair dryer around the sticker. Heat it up and take your nail and try to lift a part of it. Once you get going keep in heating it up and it will come off with ease.

Then once it is off take goo gone to anything that is left over and you are done. Just clean it and wax it.

hair dryer may take a loong time :p i used a heat gun and it came off both sides in like 20-30 min max and then you are done and you can drive away :) best of luck

I used a hair dryer and it worked just fine...helps if you have an extra set of hands to hold the dryer and then you can immediately start peeling. I also found it useful to use tweezers to start pulling at the small pieces...one tip though...peel a little then go back to the body and grab more...you'll get more in one piece that way. If you try to just rip it, you'll tear the sticker and have to deal with tons of little bits. I got my first side off in 2 parts, second one as a whole. Good Luck.
    oh, and use the goo gone with your fingers not a rag...rags and paper towels have been known to scratch...after you are done, wash the area real well and wax! All set!
    The Original Noob with Boobs

Hey thanks guys for the advice...I'll post some pictures when i am done taking off that pos sticker

Vendor
    heat gun is hella hot...i wouldn't bring that shit anywhere near my paint. just park your car outside in the sun then take it off...big deal...i sugguest using TurtleWAX Bug/Tar remover...it bascially removes anything nasty/sticky and it leaves a nice waxed fealing. anything that deals with goo gone or anything like that i don't like on my paint.

hmm. i'd say just peel it off, just do it slowly..and then clean and wax off.

yups ... as long as it is warm outside ... you wont evenneed the dryer ... peel slowly .... and wax for the protection!!!

where is the picture noobie?

you know im in Hong Kong and I want to see our car... Post pictures of the hampster without the POS sticker...

FIND A CAMERA... you promised us pictures!

Heat gun is the fastest.You're not melting the paint just heating the sticker enough to peel.

Quote Originally Posted by siver-SI
    It is easy.

What you need.

Hair dryer
    Goo Gone

Just clean off the area around the decal. Then take a hair dryer around the sticker. Heat it up and take your nail and try to lift a part of it. Once you get going keep in heating it up and it will come off with ease.

Then once it is off take goo gone to anything that is left over and you are done. Just clean it and wax it.
    Yep! just like this... exactly what i did. :winkm:

Im Taking Mine Of

mine was a pain in the ass... took almost 5 hours to clean the freakin old glue off of both sides. Goo Gone didn't work for me at all. Fortunately a friend had some Professional strength stuff she used on her car... UNfortunately... it stripped the wax

Engineering's Finest MidnightRacer59's Avatar
    I hope that this doesn't prove to be too difficult of a task. I really hope the hair drier method works for me. I hate using chemicals like Goo gone on my paint. I know that if washed off promptly, will cause minimal damage, but it still makes me uneasy. I'll be doing this soon too.

idk my nails were so freaking long to where i was able to smoothly chip off the sticker w/ my nails ahah. takes time and practice. good luck w/ it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information