Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SF-SI-02

x-brace neu or D3?

What is the difference both in form and performance between the neuspeed x-brace and the d3 brace? Has anyone driven both... any comments?

thanks

ephatch member
    I don't have either of these, but most people would say the D3 x-brace is better because you basically get twice the coverage area. - It's a double x-brace compared to the Neuspeed, which is only one. The D3 one is like this XX, and the Neuspeed is like this X. The only thing I would be worried about is fitment and ground clearance between the two. Those two factors being the same I would deffinitly go with the D3 brace.

The only thing I would be worried about is fitment and ground clearance between the two

Thats my worry b\c where i live there is a lot of speed bumps...also i hear tanabe-suspec have one lower brace but not in X form

i bought the neuspeed one (just cause i love neuspeed), im putting it in soon, ill let you guys know what i think once i test drive it

hey scatman where do u get it and how much bro

i got mine from racingworks.com for 141.97 plus shipping....i think robearracing.com might have it for a little bit cheaper (135 plus shipping if i remember, i could be wrong)...i cant wait to put it in :)

Double X-Brace has double the coverage over Neuspeed. It will NEVER rust, but Neuspeed will. So far I've seen 2 Neuspeed X-Brace BADLY rusted. I don't give a dan about its powercoated and it will last, it's bull. Rocks can clip it, then it'll start to rust. Double X-Brace comes with a lifetime warranty if the bar bents, brake, or d3Design makes a better design, they'll give u a new one, no strings attached. I think you gotta send the old one back in. When installing the Double X-Brace, it wasn't plug and play. The bar had to be forced in, that's a good thing not bad. The bar is stressed on at all points, making it more stable. Through oil change, the Double X-Brace gives u alittle more clearance to do your oil change, unlike Neuspeed, you're lefted with only alittle. The Double X-Brace have issues with clearance, but once you have it on and have a feel. You'll know it is worth the sacifiace. The X-Brace cost maybe.....60 bucks more than the Neuspeed, but gives you double the coverage, more bang for your buck.

Search Double X-Brace to get more idea how members like there brace. The bar took me and my friend 30 minutes to install. It was done in his body shop, with lifts and all. Usually it'll take you 1-4 hours if you're gonna do it yourself or with floor jacks.

So Double X-Brace or Neuspeed X-Brace? You decide.

SF-SI-02
    No raiyo you decided for me :winkm: thanks!

I'd definitly get the double x-brace! I absolutely LOVE mine! :tongue:

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FCobra94
    I'd definitly get the double x-brace! I absolutely LOVE mine! :tongue:
    Yeah, exactly...

For the extra $$ and additional mounting points it's a no brainer.

Double X brace + EP = Street legal go cart IMO :)
    Mel

neuspeed,

I personally have the D3 installed and let me say it is amazing!! Quality and fittment are superb..Anyone who actually sees a D3 brace up close will soon realize how much thought and engineering went into the design..Overall I give it an A

Too bad the D3 brace kills your ground clearance. Don't even think about lowering your car with the D3 unless you like hitting every speed bump and driveway entrance.

Too bad D3 doesn't remake them with oval piping (like the Neuspeed) and get some of that lost ground clearance back because it's a nice brace otherwise.

Late Night IL E-thug BlackSi613nin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse
    Too bad the D3 brace kills your ground clearance. Don't even think about lowering your car with the D3 unless you like hitting every speed bump and driveway entrance.

Too bad D3 doesn't remake them with oval piping (like the Neuspeed) and get some of that lost ground clearance back because it's a nice brace otherwise.
    this is my concern, i want/like XX brace... but my car lowered...and chicago's shitty/lumpy/ and speed "hump" infested roads would kill this bar... :( and comin out my garage would suck.. im only on progress springs, and i scrape (just barely, but still makes me cringe) my hks every day backin up outta there :'( :'(

hmm....man...thats a pretty big trade off...looks or performance...either lowered or scraping all the time...
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information