Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah GM = BAD. No resale value on those babies. It's obvious too. I test drove a Saturn Ion Redline for the hell of it (I just asked him to open the door to see the inside and he said "lets go drive it") and i tell you, it's a piece of crap. The interior is kind of funky and all the materials say cheap. Even the Recaro seats, while comfty, are made of the cheapest stuff around. Not only that, but the supercharger sucks. The car has a redline of... 6500 i believe, but the charger cuts out at about 5. Even when it is boosting, it's not that awesome of a rush. I remember test driving the Si and as soon as I got on the road I loved the thing. Plenty of pull from the engine and nice looks. The Si will come around....

REsale value, this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard of!!!!! Last i checked hondas last for eva man. I have a friend with a 90 accord with 200,000 plus on the dash, religous oil changes of course, and it still purrs like a kitten, i think i will keep mine, and it will become a beater for my s2000! Honda power forever.......literally lol!

ephatch member
    I was just quoted 14k trade-in on an Evo for my 03 Si with 10k miles. Too bad my payoff is a few thousand more. We Ep3 owners are the next phase in Si owners, IMHO. The K series represents the new direction for Honda as well as a large rift in the B vs. K talk (which we PLEASE won't get into here...lol). I bought mine off the showroom floor in April this year with 13 miles on it for 15k. As I see it, you either hate our car or love it. I think we Ep3 owners are going to be a unique group unlike the prior Si owners. Just such a large leap in technology and styling. However, as the market seems to show now, there will be no lack of aftermarket support for tuning and asthetics. The great thing is, we have the "limited run" Si. So in a few years, look back at all of this and say that you were the ones to start the new trends.

BTW, if you want to talk about bad resale. Bought a 97 626 ES V6 (loaded) in 2001 for 13k. In 2002....8k resale (in PERFECT condition, which mine wasn't). I had to trade it in this year. I got an awesome trade in for it on my Si, but the normal value (under 90k miles) was about 4k...

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    BTW, if you want to talk about bad resale. Bought a 97 626 ES V6 (loaded) in 2001 for 13k. In 2002....8k resale (in PERFECT condition, which mine wasn't). I had to trade it in this year. I got an awesome trade in for it on my Si, but the normal value (under 90k miles) was about 4k...

No one wants a Mazda either :smilem: :D

soon 2 be Civic Si Type-S freidaddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yellerep3
    REsale value, this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard of!!!!! Last i checked hondas last for eva man. I have a friend with a 90 accord with 200,000 plus on the dash, religous oil changes of course, and it still purrs like a kitten, i think i will keep mine, and it will become a beater for my s2000! Honda power forever.......literally lol!
    yea, the ep will be my daily driver when I get the s2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat537
    Honda has never released a forced induction production car. What makes you think they're going to start?
    wrong!

http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/CITY/19831026/

If y'all got offered 13 or 14 grand for your hatch, you'd better take it. NADA and Kelly blue book trade in is 10,500 for an 02 with average miles. My local dealer has 6 brand new hatches and a couple of 03's. I traded mine for an S 2000. I got 11,000 for my ep3.

k20a ep3 soon
    Quote Originally Posted by kenscivic
    go k series , rumor has it the 2005 models gonna be supercharged .

i thought they discountiue the ep's in 04

well i tried getting a 99-00 Si back in 2002 because i thought it was the coolest car. when i went to the dealer he was like "u can get a new 02 Si for pretty much the same amount u would pay for a used 99-00 Si coupe. so they had one on the dealership floor. i looked at it and it was like "ok" so i still wasnt convinced, when i drove it i was like "hell yea this is the car for me" i did the paperwork on it same day, picked it up 2 days later. do i regret it "HELL NO" i love my EP. i dont care about the resale value ima have that car for a very long time.

Damn you think since it's a Honda it would have a higher resale value then most other cars. I am planning on trading in my EP soon for a Tacoma. I just hope they are willing to give me at least 14k to 15k for it. What sucks is they don't even list the 04's on NADA or Kelly Blue book yet.

14s without a Hondata

2005 civic si (R)

I heard a rumor SiR's are coming to the states.

but the new civic si supposedly is 200hp, 6 speed 3 inches wider and longer.

Honda is working on a K24 turbo model as well.

dont quote me and this is really in the wrong section. I try not to think about

resale value. As long as i have fun driving the life out of my car.

I love my EP :kissm: :m: :winkm: :angelm:

Quote Originally Posted by 02NJHondaep3
    I heard a rumor SiR's are coming to the states.

but the new civic si supposedly is 200hp, 6 speed 3 inches wider and longer.

Honda is working on a K24 turbo model as well.

dont quote me and this is really in the wrong section. I try not to think about

resale value. As long as i have fun driving the life out of my car.
    Next Si is 200 hp? Unless they're gonna replace the RSX Type S too or boost it's HP rating I doubt it. Honda doesn't want to make competition against the Type S, especially if the Si is supposed to be the cheaper of the two. My guess its around 180hp for the next Si.

if honda want the si to become the "leader" again in the sports compact segment then they will need 200 hp. and it would be great if they used a k24. if they put that in a coupe si sales would sky-rocket. and for people that don't want a "civic" they can still get the rsx type s. i definately don't see honda putting f/i in their production civic. and why would they? they can work magic on their little displacement engines. they can get 240hp out of the k24 pretty easy without the NEED of a turbo or supercharger.

i have a 1992 honda accord EX sedan 5 speed that just rolled over 200,000 miles a couple of weeks ago, back in may i put it up for sale just for the hell of it, to see how much i could get. I listed it for 4,500 and i had 4 people call me asking if i still had it because they would pay cash for it. Anyways what im trying to say is that a honda is a honda and they will always be in demand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information