Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyMcJ
    Anyone have any info on the D2 coilovers? Are these good for AutoXing?

i will get some, i was having a hard time searching for d2 because its too short. check back to the post and ill get it up sometime this week.

this is gonna be really useful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiLxKeNnY
    this is gonna be really useful!!!
    Yup, and i will update it when i find more springs/coilovers etc..

it should be noted that the Tein springs for the EP are not out yet, according to Tein's Web site.

it's nice they finally came out with EP-specific springs.

This is a great post. I will definately use this chart to aid me in the decision of what spring to buy. I'm leaning towards the Eibach Sportline. Thanks for the awesome info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seandwd
    This is a great post. I will definately use this chart to aid me in the decision of what spring to buy. I'm leaning towards the Eibach Sportline. Thanks for the awesome info!!!
    Yup, thats why i put it together..I didnt know what to buy myself... I do now.. I want the progress c1 kit..

anybody know the HFP and UK/JDM spring rates ??

pls add to sticky list..

thnx

Koni??

Does Anyone Have Any Info On The Koni Springs That Come In The Sport Kit? Their Website Said 35 - 45mm Drop, Which Is +/- 1.5". But Whats The Spring Rate? Anyone Have This Kit?

Quote Originally Posted by John02Si View Post
    that being said above, am i going to be bouncing all over the place? i know ive already asked a few of you this question, but i'm really looking for the closest feel to stock as possible.
    "Bounce" is more a question of damper then spring, given the fact that all springs want to bounce. And its the job of your dampers to prevent them from doing so.

Of course I've seen people confuse Bouncy rides with rough/stiff rides.

so if its the job of the shock/strut to limit the bounce of the spring is it possible to still get a stiffer ride if u have aggresive(over stock) dampners and softer(less than stock) spring rates? or will you still have a softer ride because of the lower spring rates?

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    UKDM/ JDM Stock EP3 Type R
    (257 / 419.10) Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by nolij869 View Post
    so if its the job of the shock/strut to limit the bounce of the spring is it possible to still get a stiffer ride if u have aggresive(over stock) dampners and softer(less than stock) spring rates? or will you still have a softer ride because of the lower spring rates?
    Depends on the damper. Dampers have two directions that they work in, Bump (Compression) and Rebound (extension) and Damper mfg's adjust the valving differently for each.

Of the two, Bump influences ride quality much more them rebound. Simply because the compression of the suspension is more jarring then the extension of the suspension. For example you hitting a pot hole. You don't feel that initial drop off (Rebound) but rather you fee the hit of the suspension and consequent compression of the suspension when it hits the other side of that pot hole.

You could say that overly stiff bump valving has the side effect of Faking a stiff spring rate.

As far as handling is concerned, Stiff bump valving has some drawbacks. As noted above you end up faking a stiffer spring rate.. which also means you are faking a stiffer Suspension frequency. which means less potential grip over less then perfectly smooth asphalt. Remember, stiffer springs = less mechanical grip. With that said, Optimum bump valving should be stiff enough to improve chassis responsiveness, but not so stiff as to cause the car to skip over bumps and ruts. A tire in the air can make no traction!!

i see thnks for the info zzyzx just got curious after reading into the thread... ohh and the spring rates for the tokico advanced handling suspension kit are 240/300

Wow. I'm shocked at how much more heavier the Progress springs are in the rear than the front. Car handles great though.

Quote Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
    Wow. I'm shocked at how much more heavier the Progress springs are in the rear than the front. Car handles great though.
    It just means Progress did their homework on the car.

The motion ratio of the rear suspension is nearly half of the front... Meaning only about half of the spring rate is actually getting to the tires contact patch.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information