Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    noob question.......

wouldn't it be better if you had skunk 2 coilover fronts and ground control rears...?

for what is the setup for? the stiffer springs in the rear will help reduce understeer on a stock chassis suspension. the motion ratio of the ep3 requires stiffer rear springs than fronts, unlike other hondas. but getting custom spring rates from gc>skunk2+gc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3_U_SEE View Post
    noob question.......

wouldn't it be better if you had skunk 2 coilover fronts and ground control rears...?
    the groundcontrol adjustor collors are a better design any way.....

i want to bump this zombie thread

does anyone have the spring rates that come with the Koni Sport Springs?

Quote Originally Posted by chiwhitesi View Post
    i want to bump this zombie thread

does anyone have the spring rates that come with the Koni Sport Springs?
    I have the koni sport springs, and all they tell you is that they are "progressive". I have looked them up online and even sent them an email and did not get an exact answer. i bought the whole koni sport kit with strut inserts, so the springs were matched to the struts. They do give a full 2" drop, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SHHEP3@UB View Post
    I have the koni sport springs, and all they tell you is that they are "progressive". I have looked them up online and even sent them an email and did not get an exact answer. i bought the whole koni sport kit with strut inserts, so the springs were matched to the struts. They do give a full 2" drop, if that helps.
    thats the kit was was hoping to get, the drop is advertised as 35mm i thought that was pretty good but u said 2in??? hmmm

how is the ride?
    ever auto x?

thats the kit was was hoping to get, the drop is advertised as 35mm i thought that was pretty good but u said 2in??? hmmm

how is the ride?
    ever auto x?
    I did have a review of the kit after I installed them, but it was deleted.

Yeah, I was very surprised when the car come off the lift and seeing how low it was. 35mm is just an estimate from koni. I bought the sport kit because the stock struts had blown after 130k miles, and I wanted something specifically for autocross. It cost me $700 for the whole kit plus $300 for installation, which was another reason why I bought it. The set up is very stiff, it's livable, but still a nasty impact when you hit a pothole. I have taken the car to an autocross with the new setup, but haven't really had enough time to really play with the adjustable dampening to really find a good tune, so I just cranked all four corners down to the fastest dampening and it did make a huge difference. Much less body roll, much better weight transfer, and controlling the front tires with the throttle was much easier. I would recommend the kit, but if you want to be really competitive, mix and match the struts to springs that would give you a better ride height.

thanks alot man i appreciate your help, i think i will take the leap and pick up the kit. Why did it take $300 for the install? just curious

thanks alot man i appreciate your help, i think i will take the leap and pick up the kit. Why did it take $300 for the install? just curious
    No problem! It took $300 for the install because they are strut inserts, not whole assemblies like the HFPs. The strut housing on the existing struts are cut apart and the koni inserts are put in place. It's not that hard to do yourself, there are actually a whole bunch of youtube videos with step by step instructions, but upstate New York winters caused every single nut and bolt to be corroded to the point that everything non-essential was torched and cut off. I do not have that kind of equipment, so I had a shop put them in. I was lucky too, the shop only charged me for their estimated cost because it took a lot longer than expected because of the corrosion. Gotta love salt.

ephatch member
    Looking for a linear spring that's ~1" drop, with matched dampers. Aside from DC5 A-Spec suspension, any suggestions?

i have a question about the tien s springs..

how would you kno if the springs are for a em2 or ep3?

i traded my stock springs for a set and now i have no idea!.

im dropped 1.5 in the rear and a lil lower in the front.

soon-to-be-EP3
    at what point is there a significant feel to a ride, softer or stiffer. in other words, if stock is 248/440, lets say i get a kit thats 220/400 (just random numbers) will i feel a difference? 240/430? im just trying to gauge how much stiffer/softer it would be comapring to stock. im looking for a slightly softer ride with about 1-1.5 drop. some of them have that drop but are stiffer (bleh), some have a little less drop but its softer, trying to figure out what to compensate for.

btw, theres signifcant up-bumps on my daily commute, and i drive very spirit-ly, and i use that term very loosely >.>
    Last edited by EP3 Dream; 02-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.

WOW! Every single one of those I would consider soft. The race suspension I picked needs 700/1400 springs. Wow. And my car is only 2570 full. That's a very interesting set of info.

Christian

soon-to-be-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3 Dream View Post
    at what point is there a significant feel to a ride, softer or stiffer. in other words, if stock is 248/440, lets say i get a kit thats 220/400 (just random numbers) will i feel a difference? 240/430? im just trying to gauge how much stiffer/softer it would be comapring to stock. im looking for a slightly softer ride with about 1-1.5 drop. some of them have that drop but are stiffer (bleh), some have a little less drop but its softer, trying to figure out what to compensate for.

btw, theres signifcant up-bumps on my daily commute, and i drive very spirit-ly, and i use that term very loosely >.>
    bump for help! :) (700/1400 is soft to u but not me xD)

Ok I been reading this stuff and I am so lost. I'm looking for coilovers that give me a drop of 2.5inch. And are great for daily driving. What do you guys recommend? Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information